Finishing a MIM Startship Troopers Helmet

sapper36

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I just got the Monsters In Motion Starship Troopers helmet "Kit" It's listed as a kit on their site, but it showed up nicely trimmed & painted. The downside is there is no padding, Cheek pads, Mic, Chinstrap or any other detailing. Also it's painted a metallic charcoal gray.

Does anybody know a source for pads ear screens & all the other detailing parts?

Thanks, Todd

[attachmentid=6921]

Sorry About the cruddy pictures - Camera phone was handy...

I hadn't heard of anyone who was selling the soft parts of the helmet, but I suspect the chinstrap was a found item.

If you don't mind me saying - depending on how much you paid for the MIM helmet - you may be better off finding a screen-used helmet. By the time you spend the bucks getting this thing up to par, I suspect you'd be pretty close to the price of a real one.

-Raj

Yup, actually I already have, I had ordered it awhile ago & forgot about it - I got a screen used "B" helmet in the meantime. I'd still like to try to turn this into an "A" helmet as its actually a pretty nice casting.

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back