Fine Molds Falcon progress pics UPDATED

Originally posted by TFrosst@Feb 13 2006, 02:15 PM
Yeah, i'd be interested in the specific paints you used and if it's not too much trouble, some more details on the finishing.
[snapback]1183169[/snapback]​

Yes, mee tooo. Honestly, yours is one of the best buildups I've seen in a while. I'd love to see info on paint colors, but also an "effect-by-effect" description of how you achieve the weathering. The charcoal information was a real eye-opener for me.

It'll take you just as long as it did to paint, but it would be an invaluable resource to the modeling community. :)

-Raj

Well i painted my cockpit tube, gunwells and load ports last nite, im happy with the mix i used, first off i primed the parts in flat black as a preshade base, then all paints used were tamiya. I used XF2 buff, XF19 sky grey and then to brighten that up used white, that was the first base color and was lightly misted till a happy preshade medium was reached. After that i took XF60 dark yellow and mixed it into flat white, i then misted this over the "stone" color mix already applied, it served as a two stage preshade so to speak, the final color is actually to my liking, to the camera its a stone grey, but then to the eye its a dirty yellow/white.Its a very tricky subject matter to paint IMO but im very happy, soon as i get to my p.c ill post up the pics, hope this may be of some help.

Originally posted by ralphee@Feb 15 2006, 11:55 AM
Well i painted my cockpit tube, gunwells and load ports last nite, im happy with the mix i used, first off i primed the parts in flat black as a preshade base, then all paints used were tamiya. I used XF2 buff, XF19 sky grey and then to brighten that up used white, that was the first base color and was lightly misted till a happy preshade medium was reached. After that i took XF60 dark yellow and mixed it into flat white, i then misted this over the "stone" color mix already applied, it served as a two stage preshade so to speak, the final color is actually to my liking, to the camera its a stone grey, but then to the eye its a dirty yellow/white.Its a very tricky subject matter to paint IMO but im very happy, soon as i get to my p.c ill post up the pics, hope this may be of some help.
[snapback]1184875[/snapback]​
I got it covered..Thanks...they are interested in the paints, etc. the studio used.
Start you own thread please
Dean

Anything new on a tutorial? If you're only missing an ERTL falcon shoot me your mailing adress and I'll ship one out to you ;)

Jedi Dade

Truly excellent work Dean. Many thanx for the tip on the expensive pastel shader and the straight edge. It was a "D'OH." moment for me.

Dean,

Did we ever get the "how to" on this thread posted somewhere else? The search function isn't turning up a seperate post for the "how to".

I got the base coat color 50/50 white/grime mix from another post of yours, but if you're willing to share, there are those of us that would love the rest of the color callouts you used of the FMMF to help us along and save us some time too :)

If you changed your mind, we can respect that too. Thanks.

Joe

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back