Finally got my comic up and running!

chewbaccadoll

Sr Member
Some of you know that I've been working on a comic strip for sometime now. We (me and CJ, co-writer) had an opportunity to get some exposure at last week's SDCC through some very generous friends, so it lit a fire under my, well... you know where.

So, I'm happy to announce that my comic, "Damn Nation" has been launched and will start to progress from here on out.

The first episode is up as a teaser (needed to act quickly for the SDCC opportunity) and more to follow suit.

We're trying to build a fan base on Facebook and Twitter and slowly work our way up.

Here is the link to the site:

Damn Nation - A new comic by C.J. Kaplan and Kurt Jansson

The first strip pretty much does what it's supposed to do... set up the story and open the door, but CJ (my partner in this venture/writer) has done some incredible writing for this strip... very funny/witty stuff. Now I just need to catch up with the artwork!

Anyways, take a look and would love to hear thoughts! Good OR bad!

-Kurt

I like the art, I like the characters (any reason Satan looks like Larry?) and I'm curious as to where this goes :)

So. How will this tasty feast be served up? Online? Published? As I don't trust Facebook, will I be able to follow it on the site, or can I pre-order the book? And yeah - when does the "buy a shirt" link go up? :lol

First, thanks for the support guys! Much appreciated.

Living in the world that we do now we'd be foolish not to use social networking to market our "product", but I get that there are people who don't prefer to use these services.

In answer to the question, yes, you will be able to follow the strip on the website alone. We still are working out details like how often do we put one up, is the site just a vehicle for a different medium, how would we benefit most from this project? Not sure, but we have a lot of ideas.

I can tell you this, there are a LOT of web comics and we don't want to just be another one. Considering my partner and I are in marketing professionally, I'm sure we'll figure out the right direction.

There will be more info and content on the website to come, details about future episodes, character profiles, short 3 panel gag strips, etc.

Personally, I know I'm not a great artist and there are tons more out there better than I, but I really like our premise and plot (you'll see how it develops) and I gigure why not shoot for the stars... I want to see this become an animated series.

So, if you'll excuse me, I need to go brush up on my Flash animation!

Many thanks again! And please, by all means feel free to lend advice, opinions, thoughts, whatever. Either here or through the "Contact" section on the comic's website.

-K

PS. If you're not on Facebook, here are their profile pics I put up, but I'll show you them ONLY HERE where they were originally intended to be... in a mock personals ad which will be posted to the website soon (for laughs):

mort_profile.jpg

devil_profile.jpg

lester_profile.jpg

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back