Fido

There have been multiple threads (lots in fact) over the last few years on this forum talking about the movie, you must have simply overlooked them...

Its a great spoof of Lassie, '50s zombie flicks, the cold war and more.
Having Billy Connelly without a strong Scots accent and no beard is odd though.

Wolf

Being a huge zombie fan I saw it as soon as it hit DVD. I love this movie. It had a real "Frankenweenie" feel to it. I thought Billy Connoly did so well in his role.

For those of you that don't know it takes place in a Leave it to Beaver universe in which people have zombies as pets/slaves.

Weird, I havent ever seen any thread let alone multiple threadsabout this movie before. Cool, gotta do some searching.

I saw it when it was first out, but can't really remember much except Billy Connolly and some guy with a sexy zombie.... pet.

I didn't get it on DVD so I mustn't have liked it much.

What a freakishly cool movie!! How did I miss this one??

I don't know, I've only be recommending it on every zombie related thread on this board for about the last year or so....:cool

I never realized how sick I was until I realized I found "Tammi" attractive. :lol:eek:sick:love:love:eek

How can you not like a zombie who pines for cigarettes? Or not enjoy seeing a sexually repressed "Trinity" from The Matrix?

I found Fido much funnier than Shaun of the Dead. Maybe it's just because I have a weakness for that time period. I dunno...

Last edited:
Yeah I am in the "Duh I missed it!" category too. 2006/7 I was working almost every weekend, which could explain why I don't remember this. Love the color saturation.

Meant to watch Fido last Halloween. Never got around to it ... thanks for the reminder! I'll have to give it a look soon! :)

Well, if you're gonna go all necro and dig a thread up (see what I did there) it may as well be for a zombie flick.

Add me to the list of those who just saw, Fido. :thumbsup

-Rylo

I enjoyed it. I loved the retroness of it and the fact that billy Connolly plays a zombie. I just wish my DVD hadn't been stolen a couple years back. I guess it's an excuse to buy it on Blu Ray if I can actually find it.

I have a friend whose goal in life is to own every Zombie move ever made... and she darn near does! She loaned me Fido: Even my wife loved it!

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back