Female Predator build (wip)

It pretty much is. The only other time I handled an airbrush was to spray some white paint on a dress. I had never done anything this intricate or detailed. Granted this was my second attempt at painting it. So, you didn't get to see the abomination that the first trial was. :) But I'll admit, I'm pretty good at regular hand painting things---it was using the airbrush which is something so outside of a plain ole paintbrush that it felt so different and challenging (in a good way).

The base white color was just Basic brand white acrylic paint. I used Createx airbrush paints for the blue, gray and black on the mask, and some reds mix with brown and sand for the mouth.
After the whole thing was dry and finished, (since I'm cheap and don't have a flexible adhesive or anything like that) I used Mod Podge as a sealer for the paints.

As for the process....
Started with that basic white in about 4 layers to get total coverage and even hues. Then I went in with the midnight blue color airbrushing the edges, eyes, cheeks and back in a very light layer. After that came the medium gray and I used that as a shade element, getting inside of most of the creases. To darken it overall, that's where the black came in, shading in the areas that needed it (i.e. eyes, crest, cheeks, back, neck) and then continued to try and do all the spots, which kind of looks like I went overboard with but since the suit had a lot of spots I felt it was needed! As for the finishing touches I went over the crest again in blue and gray for a little bit more darkening of the colors. To give it a better ombre effect on the crests I dry-brushed some white on a couple of them.

The mouth.
Since I didn't have the colors I mixed and match the best I could. The first attempted at coloring the mouth came out really brown and hot pink! I didn't realize the red color I purchased would come out at a pink, let alone a hot pink! To tone it down the best I could, I made a mixture of red and sand colors to get a healthier skin pink and then a mixture of medium brown and pink for the lowlights. Finally went back over in a few places with the sand color.

The Teeth.
I didn't use the airbrush on these. They are colored in a base of antique white (Craft Paint Acrylics) then used a golden yellow and brown (Createx) for the highlights and lowlights.

Suit Update and another mask update

The mask is fully sealed finally and the quills have been placed, though I have one that likes to keep falling off XP
11901029_10102062257296813_196167949_o.jpg

Suit
I don't know, I just kind of went at it with a focus of at least make it looks like you got boobs. I didn't pay too much attention to muscle anatomy as I am trying to go a little more sleeker in design.
FRONT
11899385_10102062597265513_1675450533_o.jpg

BACK
11873175_10102062597050943_1695199790_o.jpg

It's two weeks before Dragon*con, I gotta keep bustin out what I can get done, so just been focusing my whole time lately on cranking her out. And I still have to paint my fiance's whole predator!!!!

11901029_10102062257296813_196167949_o.jpg

Again WOW. I really like this suit paint up. Love the spot patterns and colors. This is one of the best morph suit paint ups I've seen. Can't wait to see this whole build togather. You have some amazing natural skills and talent !

As always thank you for sharing with us.

aww man that is cool.
If I would have seen this before I finished painting, I would have totally done the turquoise instead of the blue. I don't think that dark blue would go too well with the turquoise if I were to add it now.

If you wanna use the turquoise, try using very fine brush strokes onto the skin. Like a "0" size fine tip detail brush with a light application of the color.

aww man that is cool.
If I would have seen this before I finished painting, I would have totally done the turquoise instead of the blue. I don't think that dark blue would go too well with the turquoise if I were to add it now.
adnarim, great job! I love how you did the spots! How did you keep the outlines sharp? I did a bodysuit 'skin' and the stripes & spots diffused out and weren't distinct .

adnarim, great job! I love how you did the spots! How did you keep the outlines sharp? I did a bodysuit 'skin' and the stripes & spots diffused out and weren't distinct .

For my bodysuit, I actually hand painted my spots one by one using puffy paint. Took a lot of time but worked out pretty good in the end because you get your texture and you get those hard edges.
For my Fiance's suit just like Wreav said, I used a stencil to get most of his spots. Stencils are awesome! st_bas-bam1001.jpg I used the BadAss stencil brand mini. You can get bigger ones but the mini ones worked just fine. The mini ones are about 4-5 inches in length. I bought a variety of animal print ones that I felt would work good enough for the spots.
I'll link three that I used:
http://sillyfarm.com/shop/stencil-collection/bad-ass-stencils/bams/bam1001-bad-ass-mini-stencil
http://sillyfarm.com/shop/stencil-collection/bad-ass-stencils/bams/bam1005-bad-ass-mini-stencil
http://sillyfarm.com/shop/stencil-collection/bad-ass-stencils/bams/bam1004-bad-ass-mini-stencil

I buy them from Sillyfarm.com because they tend to be cheaper in price (compared to other make up websites) There are tons of other stencils and stencil brands out there. If you're creative enough and have a printer that can handle cardstock you can print and make your own stencil too!

st_bas-bam1001.jpg

For my bodysuit, I actually hand painted my spots one by one using puffy paint. Took a lot of time but worked out pretty good in the end because you get your texture and you get those hard edges.
For my Fiance's suit just like Wreav said, I used a stencil to get most of his spots. Stencils are awesome! View attachment 127949 I used the BadAss stencil brand mini. You can get bigger ones but the mini ones worked just fine. The mini ones are about 4-5 inches in length. I bought a variety of animal print ones that I felt would work good enough for the spots.
I'll link three that I used:
http://sillyfarm.com/shop/stencil-collection/bad-ass-stencils/bams/bam1001-bad-ass-mini-stencil
http://sillyfarm.com/shop/stencil-collection/bad-ass-stencils/bams/bam1005-bad-ass-mini-stencil
http://sillyfarm.com/shop/stencil-collection/bad-ass-stencils/bams/bam1004-bad-ass-mini-stencil

I buy them from Sillyfarm.com because they tend to be cheaper in price (compared to other make up websites) There are tons of other stencils and stencil brands out there. If you're creative enough and have a printer that can handle cardstock you can print and make your own stencil too!
Adnarim, many thanks for the info and the links! I'll keep that in mind for the next skin I do :)

Wow - looks awesome. Great job, you cranked this out in no time with great detail and quality. Would love to seem some pics of that weapon.

I'll upload more when I can!

If I remember I'll take some pictures of the weapon from a better angle. Sadly the pommel broke just as we were leaving to the convention so it's gonna look weird at least on that end.

I also got a to hold a very happy baby at one point...and I'm crossing my fingers that'll pop up somewhere for me to snag. Happy Predators with babies yay! hahaha

Sorry o hear about the breakage. Look on the bright side it must have been easier to get the weapon in he car !?!!

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back