Favorite TV Shows of Your Youth

STAR FLEET!!!

I highly doubt anyone else knows what I'm talking about, but I would still love to see models made of the X-bomber and Dai-X.

Brian May does :). He even recorded his own version the theme song along with Eddie Van Halen in a one off jam session he later released as a one off recording named Star Fleeet Project

Star Fleet is the theme tune for a superb TV sci-fi series broadcast in England for kids of all ages; Japanese visuals and British soundtrack including music by Paul Bliss. The heroes pilot space vehicles which can assemble into a giant robot for land battles. The aliens fly fantastic insect-like craft which spawn smaller fighting machines; all intent on possession of the secret of F Zero One. Having been introduced to all this by my small boy, I became equally obsessed by it, and formed the idea of making a hard rock version of the title theme.

— Brian May

Brian May does :). He even recorded his own version the theme song along with Eddie Van Halen in a one off jam session he later released as a one off recording named Star Fleeet Project

Star Fleet is the theme tune for a superb TV sci-fi series broadcast in England for kids of all ages; Japanese visuals and British soundtrack including music by Paul Bliss. The heroes pilot space vehicles which can assemble into a giant robot for land battles. The aliens fly fantastic insect-like craft which spawn smaller fighting machines; all intent on possession of the secret of F Zero One. Having been introduced to all this by my small boy, I became equally obsessed by it, and formed the idea of making a hard rock version of the title theme.

— Brian May

My parents hated that show for obvious reasons, so when I found out that some of the most talented musicians in modern history recorded a cover of the theme song I couldn't wait to let them know.

My parents hated that show for obvious reasons, so when I found out that some of the most talented musicians in modern history recorded a cover of the theme song I couldn't wait to let them know.

I've have never actually seen the show. Back at the time I read in a guitar magazine where Brian May mentioned releasing the EP. I couldn;t pass up a chance to hear Eddie and Brian playing together so I went out and bought it

Loved the robot or whatever it is on the cover, but knew nothing about the show. I don't think it ever aired in the US and back then it was not quite the same as it is now where you can just pop over to YouTube or tons of other places to watch obscure shows. So I always looked at the cool cover and knew the song wondering what the show was like.

At the time I was really into Starblazers and Ultraman

Of course time went on and I forgot about the song and the show

This thread reminded me of that and now that we are in the golden age of being able to see/hear things instantly at your finger tips I'm off to YouTube as I see a couple of episodes up there :)

I've have never actually seen the show. Back at the time I read in a guitar magazine where Brian May mentioned releasing the EP. I couldn;t pass up a chance to hear Eddie and Brian playing together so I went out and bought it

Loved the robot or whatever it is on the cover, but knew nothing about the show. I don't think it ever aired in the US and back then it was not quite the same as it is now where you can just pop over to YouTube or tons of other places to watch obscure shows. So I always looked at the cool cover and knew the song wondering what the show was like.

At the time I was really into Starblazers and Ultraman

Of course time went on and I forgot about the song and the show

This thread reminded me of that and now that we are in the golden age of being able to see/hear things instantly at your finger tips I'm off to YouTube as I see a couple of episodes up there :)

It's pretty cheeseballs now, but the scifi concepts are all airtight. I would die to see some sort of adaptation of it in my lifetime. The X-bomber will always be one of my favorite spaceship designs.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back