Eureka to end with Season 5

Too bad, I just started watching on Netflix, I saw that Felicia Day was going to be on, so I thought I'd give it a chance. Im a few episodes in and starting to like it.

Excellent! I wanted more wrestling, monster trucks, and reality TV on SyFy anyway.. NOT!

Might as well start running old soap opera shows or just turn off the switch for good..

I'm sure they'll quote bad ratings or something, but for god's sake maybe they should try this thing called ADVERTISING. I didn't even know it was back until 15 seconds before it aired. I knew Warehouse 13 was back and forgot the time and did my guide surfing to skiffy and saw w13 at 8 and that Eureka was on at 7 and it was a new episode. Not a word I saw out of them it was back.

If people don't know it's on, it's kinda hard to watch.

Warehouse 13 and Eureka are the only reasons I even keep watching SyFy. I can't get into Haven and I just don't know about Alpha. I guess the execs at SyFy are going to do there best to destroy this network.

All I can suspect is that the production cost or rights to broadcast have climbed too high...

The Eureka, W13 and Alpha lineup was their best Monday night rating it 10 years, so it's hard to believe they would be dropping it for ratings...

The only other logical conclusion I can speculate is that it was too much Sci-Fi for SyFy...

Last edited:
The reason is that it cost too much to produce for the parent network (understandable given the production values and exceptionally large cast). They stated they couldn't trim the budget and keep the same level of quality, but I think that's kind of a cop-out. A good creative team could work with a smaller budget.

The reason is that it cost too much to produce for the parent network (understandable given the production values and exceptionally large cast). They stated they couldn't trim the budget and keep the same level of quality, but I think that's kind of a cop-out. A good creative team could work with a smaller budget.

With the entire 'space trip' story line they could have certainly cut the budget to a few full time actors, a single smaller stage and focused on the space ship and those characters nearly exclusively... That or they could do just the opposite and dump a majority of the actors into the 'space journey' and then focus on the city and the remaining few left in town, with just cut scenes, mentions and rumors about what is happening in space to the rest...

Or they could have simply returned to the silly and sometimes cringe worthy lower cost production it started out as vs what it has bloated to if it has truly bloated that much in cost, it's mostly CG and the same recycled sets, so I can't see where there has been any huge cost increase...

It's not a budget issue, exactly. They could still produce a show like it at the current budget level. The problem is just like the cancellation of "Stargate Atlantis." Both of these shows had great ratings for the station. The real reason for the cancelation is that it has had five seasons. Just like "Stargate Atlantis," having a sixth season means they have to start paying people more. The Syphillis channel is too ****ing cheap to do it. Bastards.

How the network handled this announcement was completely fubared. I was online last night and watched the first post hit Colin's twitter page and immediately filter through to other cast members as they learned of the cancellation from Tweets and not directly from the network. Way to keep it classy, SyFy.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back