Elder Sword Just Finished

Lowdmekon

Sr Member
Hi All, let me know what you think. MDF, plastic main body, leather and some old chicken bones, it's about two an a half foot long. Winging its way over to Jedi2010. Hope you enjoy buddy.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Looks awesome, dude. I was thinking about making a bone sword similar to this for a tribal build. Did you make a mold for the blade or cut on some pre-existing plastic?

Cheers all its made from MDF, a plastic main handle bone, some old leather from a sofa I skinned and some spare bones I've accumulated. That and a lot of weathering washes and that.

I'm gonna try another one in thicker Sintra or maybe even acrylic.

sindri666 said:
Thx Brian! ;-)
attachment=42724:drhfsend.JPG]
Just to clarify, I was referring to the OP's sword, not yours.  Starting your own topic would be the right thing to do.  I understand you're proud of it, but posting a "ooh look, mine's made of real materials" in someone else s thread is the same as saying "mines better than yours", and that's just plain wrong.  Also, in my opinion the OP's looks better anyway.

Brian

wonko said:
Just to clarify, I was referring to the OP's sword, not yours.  Starting your own topic would be the right thing to do.  I understand you're proud of it, but posting a "ooh look, mine's made of real materials" in someone else s thread is the same as saying "mines better than yours", and that's just plain wrong.  Also, in my opinion the OP's looks better anyway.

Brian
Cheers buddy, means a lot.

"I have used only genuine materials."
How do you know what the elders sword was made out of??  Hmm? LOL.

Lowdmekon. Thats a very nice sword dude. As you know I am a personal friend of the elder. His real name is Stan by the way (thats a rough translation). And he tells me that yours is identical to his. Cudos.

troggs said:
Very nice work, looks pretty well aged,  totally natural look to it.
Cheers Buddy. You'll be able to see it in person as it's for one of our UK Preds.

Hippie said:
"I have used only genuine materials."
How do you know what the elders sword was made out of??  Hmm? LOL.

Lowdmekon. Thats a very nice sword dude. As you know I am a personal friend of the elder. His real name is Stan by the way (thats a rough translation). And he tells me that yours is identical to his. Cudos.
That did make me chucke fella. I'm pretty sure the next sword will be even better and worthy of offering humbly to a clan elder.

Darn nice work friend. I hope I speak for others when I say we all like seeing the stages of the build. Those "behind the scenes" photos
are the best as for as I'm concerned. Again nice job.

alphatech686 said:
Darn nice work friend. I hope I speak for others when I say we all like seeing the stages of the build. Those "behind the scenes" photos
are the best as for as I'm concerned. Again nice job.
Here Buddy some pics of when I cut and shaped the MDF and give it's first of many coats of paint. And some with a mock up handle using some cream fabric. That's all have unfortunately. I'll try and take some of the next sword I do.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Anyone can take a piece of steel and cut out a blade.  It takes a true artist and craftsman to take a chunk of wood and turn it into something that looks as good as this.  You did a fantastic job!

Brian

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back