EFX Xwing cockpit redo

BrundelFly

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I'm finally getting around to putting my custom XWING cockpit into my EFX Xwing.

It's been sitting here mostly done for sometime, and as I wait on BONDO and GLUE to dry for this Final Build Im working on (Yes, Clay, THAT one), I tinker with it a bit. I had not touched it in over a year, but I slapped some paint on it and dropped it into a ship.

The Pilot is also a casting I made but it still needs the helmet glass. The cockpit is really only slightly modified by removing the center section and replacing it with the cockpit from the MARK II Viper kit we used to sell. Then the entire thing was molded and cast in clear.

The "six pack" and center screen was the look that just seemed to pay reverence to the original screen used model, but also the style and interpetation that EFX expressed. I also made a clear R2 and found some blue that when painted over silver, really looked to scale. He is shown next to the original EFX R2.

Hard to take pics of lighted parts. They look clearer and more colorful in person. However, you get the idea. It's still a work in progress.

The XWING body, is fairly light in terms of weathering. Which is fine as I plan on re-working it a bit. Not an entire repaint, as the "basics" are represented well, it just needs some TLC. When Im done, Im sending this to my one of my two nephews and then starting on a second one.

The base is going to be the larger Acrylic case base, covered in Death Star Tiles.

Because I made the Seat Lower, Im going to modify the canopy to be a bit more streamlined. Ill post pics of the final version when its all complete.

p4031087.jpg

ccustom.jpg

p4021086.jpg

p4031088.jpg

r2si.jpg

Wow Frank! That's awwwwwessssssome! I love the orientation of the lighting, the R2 is excellent!! Yeah, the colors on the R2 really pop! As always, top notch work!!
-Sean

Thanks, for anyone who has a EFX that wants to do same thing let me know.
I have castings of what I made...

Enough work..anything could be done..but its slightly two different scales.

Hmmmm...Ill dig a MS one out and show ya with a pic.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back