EFX reveals BOBA FETT LEGEND, STORMTROOPER LEGEND, STORMTROOPER ARMOR!!!!

Yes the Stormtrooper PCR has also a lineage to a real helmet..but they mirrored one side to make it symmetric.
There were also changes made to allow for injection molding construction and most likely significant clean up. The end result is noticeable different than more accurate helmets.

The Vader PCR appears to be more accurate than the stormtrooper.

In general I don't think these are intended for people who want an exact prop replica.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

And what I really hate..nobody is talking about the reasons.I really have understanding for delays about production problems or something like that.But what EFX is doing over years with no communication is really bad.What I ask me: What are this guys doing all the time?Did they have normal Jobs and EFX is only a hobby?
Ok now they released the plastic Vader and the mini Falcon...but over the years?Was it enough to pay the staff?Ok they had the money of the Scouthelmets and I have no clue how much people are EFX.;)

- - - Updated - - -

I´m really interested in a great Boba Helmet(TESB Version).But have no clue who´s the best.

Probably only a small handful of actual people work at EFX, my guess would be less than 5. Everyone else is a contractor for hire.

There were also changes made to allow for injection molding construction and most likely significant clean up. The end result is noticeable different than more accurate helmets.

The Vader PCR appears to be more accurate than the stormtrooper.

In general I don't think these are intended for people who want an exact prop replica.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Oh yes the Vader is another level as the stormtrooper.Its very near to the look of the LE fiberglass version.

- - - Updated - - -

Probably only a small handful of actual people work at EFX, my guess would be less than 5. Everyone else is a contractor for hire.

I also think so.

Vader PCR helmet is much better than MR CE/EFX PCR Stormtrooper. The Hasbro Black Series Stormie looks more accurate to RO, than PCR version to OT.

Vader PCR helmet is much better than MR CE/EFX PCR Stormtrooper. The Hasbro Black Series Stormie looks more accurate to RO, than PCR version to OT.

Right.Its a nice Vaderhelmet.And the Hasbro RO is also nice.I would never buy an EFX PCR stormy again.

It's disappointing how EFX has squandered their licenses, to the point where I don't understand why they bother paying for it (unless it's just to create props for their own collection). All the Star Wars and Marvel props they could have been producing all these years wasted. While Anovos (despite their own issues) along with King Arts, Lager, Cattoys have released Star Wars and Marvel props consistently.

I think you’ve hit the nail on the head. I don’t know how many FT employees they have, but would be surprised if it’s more than one now. Anyone else involved were/are clearly part timers/amateurs/hobbyists either on contracts or else just looking to get their hands on 'cool stuff'.

if you look at all the failed-projects (like the busts - lol) it just looks like there were people there looking to create prototypes for ulterior reasons. They certainly weren’t considering the commercial realities of bringing new products to market. Certainly amateurs. Still, it allowed them to waste company time/money visiting the LFL archive, making casts etc. - and I dare say furthering their own personal 'agenda'.

I just find it amazing how Disney has allowed them to continue with their license given their track record over the past 3-4 years on this franchise. Such a waste.

Cheers

Jez

I think the "high end prop replica market" is too small for disney to get really angry.But I bet if Hasbro would do what EFX is doing..they would loose their toyslicense in under a month.:lol

They saw after the bankrupt of propshop,that they cannot make so much money with this pieces.With the cheap stuff they can make lots of more money.Nobody of my family would buy a SW-helmet for 500$ or more...a rubiesmask is really expensive for them.So that is how the most people are thinking about the prophobby.But a SW-T-shirt for 15$...thats ok.:lol

Our hobby is not really interesting for Disney.

Last edited:
They saw after the bankrupt of propshop.
I agree that prop collecting is a small market at the moment, but I'd argue that it's getting bigger. That's why you see a company like Hasbro making the Black Series helmets.

With that said; Propshop was a different animal all together. They priced themselves out of business from the very beginning. The business model was to have items so overpriced that it wasn't about owning a beloved prop, it was just about the prestige that you have that much money to blow on one item.

Yes the market gets bigger...but its far away from that what Disney would say "big enough".Hasbro makes it very clever..they made near accurate lifesize "Toys" for a very cheap price.So its nice for kids to play around and a good base for collectors/propbuilders.
But don´t forget the price...the price is the most important thing for normal people today.
In germany it sounds "Geiz ist Geil!".That means in englisch:"Stinginess is hot!":lol

I agree that prop collecting is a small market at the moment, but I'd argue that it's getting bigger. That's why you see a company like Hasbro making the Black Series helmets.

With that said; Propshop was a different animal all together. They priced themselves out of business from the very beginning. The business model was to have items so overpriced that it wasn't about owning a beloved prop, it was just about the prestige that you have that much money to blow on one item.

I am still confused about how PropShop came up with those prices. That was 100% their own doing.

From what I remember about Propshop’s short existence, their downfall had more to do with the actual prop-building side of their business, versus the replicas. Something having to do with props for a movie (I think it was the Blade Runner sequel, but I could be wrong) literally falling apart during production.

As for the prices, I never saw them as overpriced, really. Expensive? Certainly. They were made in the UK by supposedly the same sorts of people who worked on actual props. I imagine those people make significantly more money than laborers in giant Chinese factories. Essentially you paid for a combination of a licensed product and the extra cost of skilled workers producing them. Too rich for my blood, but they seemed to sell quite a few of them.

edit: and that huge wooden box. You definitely were paying for that huge wooden box :lol

From what I remember about Propshop’s short existence, their downfall had more to do with the actual prop-building side of their business, versus the replicas. Something having to do with props for a movie (I think it was the Blade Runner sequel, but I could be wrong) literally falling apart during production.

As for the prices, I never saw them as overpriced, really. Expensive? Certainly. They were made in the UK by supposedly the same sorts of people who worked on actual props. I imagine those people make significantly more money than laborers in giant Chinese factories. Essentially you paid for a combination of a licensed product and the extra cost of skilled workers producing them. Too rich for my blood, but they seemed to sell quite a few of them.

edit: and that huge wooden box. You definitely were paying for that huge wooden box :lol

Last I saw the Rey hilt was over a grand. You do not call that overpriced? If not you are delusional. That is a major cause of their downfall.

Expensive, yes. But people pay a lot for old Master Replicas lightsabers that are less accurate. A quick look at eBay sold listings just now shows lots selling for over $2000. People also pay a lot for sabers made from real Graflexes that may be more accurate.

I think with the pricing they may have looked at the secondary market on things like the old MR stuff as a way of gauging what people would be willing to pay. Makes sense I guess as there aren’t really any equivalent items being sold by anyone else right now.

Expensive, yes. But people pay a lot for old Master Replicas lightsabers that are less accurate. A quick look at eBay sold listings just now shows lots selling for over $2000. People also pay a lot for sabers made from real Graflexes that may be more accurate.

I think with the pricing they may have looked at the secondary market on things like the old MR stuff as a way of gauging what people would be willing to pay. Makes sense I guess as there aren’t really any equivalent items being sold by anyone else right now.

Actually yes there are, there are replica hilts out there for $200-300 but they are fan made like Saberforge, Roman Props and Korbanth. They re just as nice as The Prop Shop Rey hilt IMO.

A fool and his money, I suppose. There are people who will blow large amounts of cash (overpay) on all sorts of foolish things; doesn't mean it's right or worth it.
The consensus was 20K or whatever ridiculous amount of money Propshop was asking for a helmet, saber, whatever; was all sorts of crazy.

I mean for that much money you should have George Lucas himself deliver it to your home, unpack the item and then sit there with you staring at the prop for hours.

I believe the Propshop Kylo helmet and Finn TK were about $1750 -$2000. Were they really that much better than the Premier Anovos equivalents?

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

Actually yes there are, there are replica hilts out there for $200-300 but they are fan made like Saberforge, Roman Props and Korbanth. They re just as nice as The Prop Shop Rey hilt IMO.
I would still say that Disney saw the old licensed Master Replicas sabers as more “equivalent” to the Propshop ones than the inexpensive fan-made sabers/kits mentioned. I don’t think Disney really cares about those unlicensed fan-made options and wouldn’t really feel the need to match compete with those prices. That said, the Graflex is one of the props that’s been replicated fairly well by a number of makers, fan-made and licensed.

Better examples for what I meant would be the Melted Vader or Finn helmets. I have not seen any replica for either of those that was as accurate as what Propshop offered.

I can't believe the additional accuracy justified charging over $1000 more. They were marketed as luxury items with an unnecessary wood crate.

I could see somewhat of a higher price, but that was too much for most serious fans.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back