EFX reveals BOBA FETT LEGEND, STORMTROOPER LEGEND, STORMTROOPER ARMOR!!!!

If Disney could walk into EFX, take away the molds and give them to Anovos, there will be no more confusion.

It's not like ANOVOS is the solution to the problem, either. Keep in mind they have yet to actually ship a single piece of Star Wars-related merchandise-- even those paid for in-full over a year and a half ago. And to be honest, while they are leaps and bounds above EFX currently when it comes to communicating their delays with customers, the delays themselves are rather similar. Some customers paid for their Han gear (again, in full) in June 2014, were told it was on U.S. soil and being packaged in August 2015, and now have been delayed until between January and March 2016. The Vader ensemble still states it was supposed to ship in May, with no updates. The TIE helmets were supposed to be done this summer and have now been pushed back a year, to June 2016.

I am not stating this to dump on ANOVOS. Production delays are part of propmaking... especially licensed, mass-production prop-making. But let's not go acting like if Disney gave them sole licensing rights to high-end props and costumes they would be doing any better at meeting deadlines.

I asked the Anovos guys at SWC why the weren't making shoes or boots for the EP7 TK amongst others. The answer was "we have a prop license, not a costume license."

I'll grant you it was the floor staffer that made the comment but I don't have any other info to go on.

I would have to think the staffer got it wrong. It's obvious Anovos are making costumes and not props. I know they have spoke about the difference in their armor and and eFx planned armor is that the Anovos armor is designed to be worn where Efx is making their armor to be a true replica and collectible item... or something like that.

As to why Anovos cannot make gloves or boots, I can only speculate that LFL/Disney is holding that as a separate future license. Maybe Anovos rep around here can clear it up.

I would love to see one of these license contracts some day. I know they usually have an expiration date and sometimes a clause where they may lose the license if the company fails to produce items outside a certain span of time. I have to wonder if the recent Death Star tiles are easy way to put something out to save the license. I have no real idea, but I do wonder about it.

Also, I would have to believe Disney/LFL is perfectly aware of items released (or lack of). I believe licenses are set up in a way that not only do they get money for the license fee but also a percent of the profit from the sales of items produced. So the lack of money coming in would be quite visible to them.

Last edited:
As I said I can only relate what I've been told. I didn't know about the Death Star panels, but aren't those a prop? Wouldn't they need a prop license to make and sell them?

I would have to think the staffer got it wrong. It's obvious Anovos are making costumes and not props.

I agree; I had actually heard the exact OPPOSITE from speaking with their CEO... that they have the costume license, but not the high-end prop license (which, at least in the case of the new films, no one currently holds).

This is why they have yet to offer anything like blasters, pistols, etc. They do not have the license required to produce these items.

I also think in terms of sales revenue, companies like EFX already took people's money years ago and have paid Disney their pound of flesh. As has been stated, we here are smart enough to no longer order EFX merchandise (which would result in a certain lack of income) but we are a vocal minority. I assume others elsewhere around the web are continuing to pre-order faithfully and EFX is cutting Disney their share of the profits as agreed.

I agree; I had actually heard the exact OPPOSITE from speaking with their CEO... that they have the costume license, but not the high-end prop license (which, at least in the case of the new films, no one currently holds).

This is why they have yet to offer anything like blasters, pistols, etc. They do not have the license required to produce these items.

I also think in terms of sales revenue, companies like EFX already took people's money years ago and have paid Disney their pound of flesh. As has been stated, we here are smart enough to no longer order EFX merchandise (which would result in a certain lack of income) but we are a vocal minority. I assume others elsewhere around the web are continuing to pre-order faithfully and EFX is cutting Disney their share of the profits as agreed.

On other boards people posting like in this thread here would tag them as haters... LOL

Superb!

I only hope Disney realize sooner than later the irreparable damage eFX have done to the hobby. The astonishing amount of ill-will self generated by eFX, from collectors to distributers is truly alarming.

Their final products may in-fact be very good, however the journey to get there leaves a lot to be desired.

This. Everyone knows that when Disney allows you to make a Star Wars product, they are licensing their intellectual property – for example, the design of the prop. But people forget that there is also a trademark license granted as well. This license is necessary so that you have permission to place Disney's name or the Star Wars name on the product (both of which are trademarks of Disney these days.)

Under the law, a trademark generates its value from the goodwill that comes to be associated with the Mark – for example, the value in Disney trademarks comes from the fact that, over time, people have come to associate Disney as signifying a certain level of quality in movies, products, theme parks, etc. Same for Star Wars.

Believe it or not, trademark law also is intended to protect the consumer, not just the trademark owner – trademarks are protected to avoid a consumer being harmed by buying a shoddy good bearing a trademark that they have come to know and trust. This is why the law of trademark licensing says that failure of a trademark owner to exercise actual control over the quality of the goods on which their mark will appear can result in a forfeiture of the underlying trademark rights themselves. Or, put a different way, the law says that, if people come to trust in your trademark and you don't police the quality of the goods that your trademark appears on, you don't deserve to keep the trademark anymore.

So it absolutely behooves Disney to police their licensees who are using Disney-owned trademarks – not simply to make sure that the licenses are properly exploited and make money, but to make sure that poor quality products do not damage the goodwill associated with the Disney marks. In other words, policing is necessary to keep their trademark rights – and – and given all of their merchandising activity, I doubt there is anything more important to to Disney than their trademarks. While the law only specifically speaks to policing the quality of the actual goosd themselves, you can be certain that Disney also includes provisions in their contracts giving them control over the business practices of the companies that will be producing those products-at least to the extent that those business practices can reflect poorly on Disney. [EDIT ADDED FOR CLARITY] - Having the right to control the business practices associated with the Mark doesn't necessarily mean that Disney has the ability to walk in and tell the business how to run – instead – this usually translates into a right to pull the license so that the poorly run business is no longer associated with Disney's trademarks

So I am virtually certain that Disney is watching EFX very closely, and will do whatever it deems necessary to make sure that the goodwill in its trademarks is not harmed. That could mean eventually pulling the license, or it could mean imposing penalties on the company to get quality products out sooner. Whichever Disney feels is most necessary to preserve the goodwill associated with its marks. But in no way is Disney ever going to grant a trademark license and simply walk away while the licensee takes actions that trash the value of their trademarks in the consumer's eye – there's just too much at stake as far as maintaining their trademark rights to ever allow that to happen.

M

It's not like ANOVOS is the solution to the problem, either. Keep in mind they have yet to actually ship a single piece of Star Wars-related merchandise-- even those paid for in-full over a year and a half ago.

All I can say is that they actually respond to their customer service, and they have been shipping out quite a few EP7 Trooper suits and helmets. Just no OT Troopers or Vader helmets, or anything else yet.

That's right, I'm necro-rez'ing this thread. Does eFx even really exist anymore? Is this epic Fett helmet vaporware? Since Art Andrews owns TDH and this site and he helped/observed the recasting of the real helmet by eFx to make this, can we as a closed community get an update at the minimum from Art through his frieds at eFx?

This was suppose to be the holy grail, a first gen copy from the real thing. I'd hate for this to vanish in the dust of the Sequel Trilogy.

Wish I could help you but my relationship with EFX doesn't seem to be what it once was... :\

That's right, I'm necro-rez'ing this thread. Does eFx even really exist anymore? Is this epic Fett helmet vaporware? Since Art Andrews owns TDH and this site and he helped/observed the recasting of the real helmet by eFx to make this, can we as a closed community get an update at the minimum from Art through his frieds at eFx?

This was suppose to be the holy grail, a first gen copy from the real thing. I'd hate for this to vanish in the dust of the Sequel Trilogy.

Wish I could help you but my relationship with EFX doesn't seem to be what it once was... :\
This sucks !!!

I think I just found out that Santa Claus doesn't exist!!!!!!!!

That felling that I'm Fricken 9 again !!!!

WHAT THE HELL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sent from my SM-N915V using Tapatalk

I've been desperatey waiting for any news of the ESB Fett too, really a dream piece to me so I'm bitterly disappointed by how eFX handled this.

Oh well, at least Gino will have an exclusive first gen copy of his own to brag about :rolleyes

Oh well, I expect that a few copies of the fett helmet were made.
Maybe even a couple of stormtrooper sets too :)

Wouldn't it be great if the molds could find their way to another company.
I mean it's Boba Fett, and ruddy Stormtroopers. It's a licence to print moneys.

Let's face it, EFX is dead!!! Maybe they will get a special mention during the yearly "In Memoriam" flashback of the upcoming Academy Awards.

It's so hard to say goodbye to yesterday!

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back