Efx has a new $300 Darth Vader (precision cast replica) Helmet

Could fall under oversized packages, which they say dont have free shipping. I also get charged for shipping when going through the cart.

Wow .. I'm so happy these guys don't have my money pending now!! It's not like they didn't have it coming .. really .. who would truly be surprised!

I just feel so bad for all those preorders that are already paid for! :facepalm Hopefully, that's not true .. but Gino deleting his response is just the worst thing!

downinflames
I have been watching efx website almost daily. waiting to see when they could be ordered.
I havent seen an "add to cart button"
how did you order the helmet?

Good lord look at those prices. Looks like I might have to retire from prop collecting. :(

Ben

How the frak are they gonna stay in business after their pool of the uber-rich collectors dries up? They are gouging the crap out of us. That company is horribly disgusting with these price insults. And they KNOW some will pay.

---RANT END---

eFX popped up in the PropShop thread and had this to say:

Hi All!

I know that the announcement of a new line of prop replicas from Prop Shop has resulted in some questions from our customers and others in regards how this has affected EFX. Let me assure you that nothing has changed. Prop Shop, as the prop supplier for Star Wars: The Force Awakens, is now offering an exciting, new level of replicas to Star Wars fans. So between EFX and Prop Shop, we are able to offer a more comprehensive range of products and options for our collectors.

Also, this has not affected your outstanding orders with us. The Scout helmet is still in process and we will update you on the status soon.
Thanks, as always, for your support!

Bryan

its nice to read that outstanding orders w/EFX wont be affected (i.e Scout helmet)

but can somebody explain why the efx pcr vader helmets arent showing up on their venders websites
I cant seem to find where others are ordering them via EFX website either.
but they are showing up on ebay from hong kong.

its nice to read that outstanding orders w/EFX wont be affected (i.e Scout helmet)

but can somebody explain why the efx pcr vader helmets arent showing up on their venders websites
I cant seem to find where others are ordering them via EFX website either.
but they are showing up on ebay from hong kong.
baitme.com

How the frak are they gonna stay in business after their pool of the uber-rich collectors dries up? They are gouging the crap out of us. That company is horribly disgusting with these price insults. And they KNOW some will pay.

---RANT END---

Selling prop replicas is a secondary part of what this company does. The primary job of this company is making ​actual props for the movies.

also, as an aside. regarding highend bicycle frames, one can buy a $5000 frame from a dealer, or the same frame from the mfgr via Alibaba for a tenth of the price. (work for a dealer, but would never buy one hahhaaha) perhaps this is happening here... Efx didnt pay, so the asian mfgr/distributor is selling direct?

---RANT END---

I think they'll stay in business by not only selling props to collectors, but also by building the props for the films, which is what they do, much like Weta. Seems to me its the same model; build props for the movie, build some more for the collector. This is just an additional venture for them....

...............edit....

Oops, already answered....

perhaps this is happening here... Efx didnt pay, so the asian mfgr/distributor is selling direct?

I don´t think so.

But i didn´t wonder if there was some kind of trade - we need x helmets, we will sell it for 300. If you make us the x helmets, make y helmets for yourself and you can sell them for what you can before we start to deliver our own to the general public on "fill a date in".

I don´t think so.

But i didn´t wonder if there was some kind of trade - we need x helmets, we will sell it for 300. If you make us the x helmets, make y helmets for yourself and you can sell them for what you can before we start to deliver our own to the general public on "fill a date in".

They're made in China, where almost everything is made from around the world. It's full of intellectual theft. I doubt there was an agreement to a trade. It was just done. Although, I believe the ones people are getting from eBay have all the eFX markings on the box. So those could just be the ones that "fell" off the truck.

I just got my Vader PCR helmet today. I'm actually blown away by it. The build quality is superb, I see no gaps, the color is perfect, & it just looks great. The dome is shiny, but it's plastic so that's expected. It's a bit more weighty than I expected. I guess others posts saying how light weight it was, made me think it was gonna be like egg shells & blow away in the breeze of a fan. It IS light, but it's a good light. I'll get some photos of it next to the limited edition tomorrow, when I have better light. But I like it :thumbsup

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back