EFX Grogu animatronic

Still waiting to see the Porg maquette announced in 2018….

83B99637-FF9D-4720-80F6-B189ED883B58.jpeg

It's funny because Garner does incredible work. My boss worked on the Abe Lincon animatronic bust and that thing is insanely well made. It's surprising that Garner would mess up the cheeks and eyelids this much, but I'm hoping they're going to fix it since this must be a prototype. Otherwise, the actuation feels smooth and the skin looks great!

Well it's most likely platinum silicone skins, so I imagine quite a while if it's well cared for
I work at Garner Holt Productions, the company that developed this Grogu figure. Is your boss Mike Ziegler, by any chance?

Yeah, it's a platinum silicone skin.

Last edited:
Well, my understanding is that Garner Holt Productions are making these and they got access to original molds from Legends.
They are very high end (expensive) and made-to-order in an extremely limited number.
Because of the pram, they have 15 servos inside for the animation and can make them with up to 25 servos and have a trick (looks like with magnets) so Grogu can pass a Razor Crest shift knob from hand to hand.
I have also head that it really looks amazing in person but the price puts it into a very elite category.

Last edited:
He is! Ziggy is great. I'm currently interning in the mechanical department at Animax Designs under him
Yeah, I liked Ziggy a lot, and was sad when he left. I'm Josh, the main traditional sculptor at GHP, but he'd probably remember me as the guy programming the Kuka milling robot. Anyway, that's very cool; I'm sure you'll work on some cool projects and learn a lot with him.

How is that Anovos got the license taken from them but Efx doesn't? Anovos delivered more stuff to more people than Efx could ever dream of, and yeah, Anovos did a really really bad job. How does the worse guy keep the license and stay in business?

Rumoured to be $100000. Lol. Who in their right mind would buy it. Not to mention things like this will require maintenance and the fact it’s silicone/rubber being it won’t last forever. I’m more than happy with my sideshow.

Ben

As a side note to EFX…”Where’s all the awesome s$&t that Gino worked on”. Thats all I’m interested in. Where’s the ANH stormtrooper Hero suit and Hero Helmet.Not to mention the Scout Legend that people paid for years ago. Stop f$&king around, It’s bulls$&t. Showing s$&t that won’t be released or people won’t buy anyways is narcissistic. Pricks.

Ben

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back