EFX , are you listening? Paint Quality vs value.

jhfagan

Gone but not forgotten.
Ok, yes, I'm going to rant a bit here, but let me preface it with an oddly positive statement, that overall, I love the eFX products that I have.
I DO believe their physical quality and accuracy and are top shelf, and their lineage is as pure and direct as anyone else's out there.
I get the fact that being a production company, some compromises, decisions, omissions, additions, etc , are routinely made.
and here's the rant,
What I DON'T get, is how they set the value of their pieces, in the face of being as inaccurate as a lot of their pieces' paint jobs ended up being?
Are any EFX representatives still on the RPF, who would be willing to have a civil talk with me to help me understand why they can't take the little steps I think they would need?

Ok, yes, I'm going to rant a bit here, but let me preface it with an oddly positive statement, that overall, I love the eFX products that I have.
I DO believe their physical quality and accuracy and are top shelf, and their lineage is as pure and direct as anyone else's out there.
I get the fact that being a production company, some compromises, decisions, omissions, additions, etc , are routinely made.
and here's the rant,
What I DON'T get, is how they set the value of their pieces, in the face of being as inaccurate as a lot of their pieces' paint jobs ended up being?
Are any EFX representatives still on the RPF, who would be willing to have a civil talk with me to help me understand why they can't take the little steps I think they would need?
The EFX accuracy is debatable, some products being more accurate than others (the same with Master Replicas).

The EFX accuracy is debatable, some products being more accurate than others (the same with Master Replicas).
True.
I had their PCR Stormtrooper, and although "cool", once I discovered RS Propmasters, there was no going back. lol
Same with with my eFX Fett, BUT, currently, eFX is still the best LICENSED Fett out there, and is only as inaccurate as the medium they chose to go with allowed, in that the actual cast they made, which RS now has, could have been used to make a dead on accurate Fett.
That's another story how that all went down, but , suffice it to say, when/if RS does another Fett run, I'm NOT missing on that one!
What it took for me, was to finish the "finish" on the eFX Fett to bring it as up to proper ESB standard as possible.
I had to do the same thing with their PCR Vader.
It turned out surprisingly well, but I do have a Limited Ed on the way, which will be my "best licensed" Vader in my collection.
Their "Legend" version is not complete enough, by a long shot, to warrant the price...not worth it, at .... all.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back