early concept of ASM suits

LOL, One looks even more like a track suit and the other like Deadpool in a track suit

LOL

like the lizard concepts though!

great find. Thanks for the share.

Why can't they leave well enough alone, and just stick with the comic version? Would it really hurt anything?

You're forgetting we're talking about the movie industry here. The more well known the character, the more they change it. Think about nipples on the bat suit for example.

Why can't they leave well enough alone, and just stick with the comic version? Would it really hurt anything?

I think the suit they went with was perfect. It's practical enough to work in the real world, it's different enough that people won't confuse it with the Raimi suit, and it still looks like Spider-Man. It's a great modern/real world update to the costume!

The Lizard concept looks awesome! Too bad they didn't use it; I mean it wasn't a snout and could still have humanlike movement but at the same time it looked more like a lizard. But the actual movie version worked in my eyes. (Until I saw the Goomba -_-)
The new but still faithful spidey suit used in the movie was great; don't think I would have preferred any of these versions over that one.

At least the concept artists are thinking outside of the box and trying to give us something different than Raimi's costume.

Hmm, even on the bottom design, which is essentially the Raimi suit, they straightened the curved lines that made the design look like webbing. What idiot focus group or clueless executive hated the webs? What dingaling said, "he needs to look more like a basketball!"

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back