E11 Blaster found in Seaside Town

Mottrex

Sr Member
I posted about this a few months back but now the story is almost complete..
Back before the pandemic we used to do a lot of of antique and reclaim store hunting searching for all manner but mainly Midcentury design pieces.
I was walking past my local Antiques store one day not thirty seconds from our house, I spotted a gun case in the corner of the shop and on examining the contents found various SciFi weapons which seemed a strange thing to find in a sleepy seaside town.
See pics below..

20220125_112056.jpg

This was 2018 and the owner told me they were part of a job lot he bought from the widow of a propmaker here in Devon which also included two Stormtrooper helmets one painted black with green lenses and a very nice Bobafett helmet.
Apparently the propmaker had molds casts of a great many more but the collection was split up after he passed away.

Screenshot_20220201-161255_Photos.jpg

I had a long conversation with the shop owner who said he was getting more pieces but they never arrived.

Roll on Four years..
The E11 was still there!

20220125_112047.jpg

He had it priced up for £125 which in itself wasn't too bad a price. I kept going back in every few weeks and Finally last week I acquired it for £90!

Now I've had a good look over it and know its mainly a resin replica with metal components but would love to know if anyone knows anything more about this version of an E11 blaster.
Here are a few pics..

20220906_092834.jpg
20220906_112517.jpg

20220906_092358.jpg
20220906_112402.jpg
20220906_092234.jpg
20220906_112340.jpg

20220906_092050.jpg

The trigger has a movement the switch above it has three positions of movement.
The cartridge can be removed and the loading mechanism with the spring looks like it could be pulled I dont want to risk breaking it.
The counter looks like its set too 1138 ?
I fancy converting the scope as its currently a hollow casting by the look of it..

Any info would be great.

Mott.

Last edited:
If it was dated from a decade or older, I would say there's a high probability of it being a doopydoos kit. I heard they were really good kits.

(it being resin with metal parts)

If it has any ties to filming that would be cool, but I'm not aware of any resin props that looked like this

If it was dated from a decade or older, I would say there's a high probability of it being a doopydoos kit. I heard they were really good kits.

(it being resin with metal parts)

If it has any ties to filming that would be cool, but I'm not aware of any resin props that looked like this
Thanks for the reply, the one noticeable difference I've seen is instead of a black curly headphone cable its straight and made with a stronger material type cable.

It looks too clean to have been anything screen used.
There did used to be a small group of troops who raised money this way so...

I would think that "Off" and arrow on the magazine could be a clue to the maker, as that's not on a Sterling (at least not mine).
It IS usually present on most real magazines....even if the engraving on the resin E11 looks somewhat hadmade, rather than stamped

A nice blaster and worth what you paid, but definitely no lineage to any screenused prop

I agree it would be much more battle scared
It IS usually present on most real magazines....even if the engraving on the resin E11 looks somewhat hadmade, rather than stamped

A nice blaster and worth what you paid, but definitely no lineage to any screenused prop
To me it looks like the tip of a solder iron etch or the casing it was molded from was hastily scratched with a knife or such like.
I have a WW2 metal Ammo box which had similar scratches rusty as hell until a few weeks back and after a few passes revealed the OG writing covered in decades of farmhouse rust.

20220830_210022.jpg

I think if it had been anywhere near a filmset it would be in multiple pieces with lost parts by now..
Its more about finding out who made it really.

Wasn't it some guy from Newton Abbott who originally owned this stuff?
Lol I have one of those ammo crates- was my fathers from when he was in the war.

Wasn't it some guy from Newton Abbott who originally owned this stuff?
Lol I have one of those ammo crates- was my fathers from when he was in the war.
I believe thats the case, Roy the shop owner said the guys workshop was like a Cave of Many Wonderous things.. It was packed full of recognisable SciFi helmets weapons and such like.
His wife had no use for them, maybe the rest went to a collector.

Last edited:
I saw that one in Dawlish a few years ago. Lots of interesting stuff in that shop. I recognised the location from the reflection in the picture of the shop window. Small world, lulz.

I saw that one in Dawlish a few years ago. Lots of interesting stuff in that shop. I recognised the location from the reflection in the picture of the shop window. Small world, lulz.
Its always surprised me first being there and secondly not being snapped up!
I went back numerous times the second to last I went in with my glasses on and a magnetic wand lol..

I've a couple of deactivated sterling conversions - real parts and one from sheperton design studios so passed on yours. As to the helmets I didn't think they were that great.

I've a couple of deactivated sterling conversions - real parts and one from sheperton design studios so passed on yours. As to the helmets I didn't think they were that great.
The Black Trooper helmet was certainly a bit iffy and heavily painted, I did contemplate reverse engineering it by making a new puck and Vac Forming the pieces, I'm pretty good when it comes to POP but I seem to remember it being fibreglass inside so passed..

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back