Duncan Idaho Sword - United Cutlery

I ordered one for my brother's Christmas present. He did not like part 2 (please don't light me up) so now he's probably not going to want it. Guess I'll keep it when it comes out. I already bought him something else anyway...

I emailed Budk this morning for an update, pointing out that the estimated date on the product page says today. This is the response I received:

Screenshot_2024-03-28-18-57-45-04_e307a3f9df9f380ebaf106e1dc980bb6.jpg

Update: Mine shipped out today and the website also says it is in stock.

Last edited:
Got mine today, opened it a few minutes ago, VERY NICE! Although there are...I don't know what you'd call them....dried up oil spots on the blade. Anyone have a tip on how to clean these off without damaging the blade?

I wish it would have actually been made sharp, but that would probably be a really bad idea?

Got mine today, opened it a few minutes ago, VERY NICE! Although there are...I don't know what you'd call them....dried up oil spots on the blade. Anyone have a tip on how to clean these off without damaging the blade?

I wish it would have actually been made sharp, but that would probably be a really bad idea?
You can try wiping off the oil with a microfiber cloth. However, you should keep swords oiled to prevent rust. I only have a few licensed sword replicas and they're all blunt edges. I'm not sure if they're allowed to make them sharp.

MOst of the prop swords I have and have seen are false edged. It is possible to sharpen them yourself. I've read online about people doing that with some prop replicas.

Synz314, thank you. I'll probably leave it alone then. And I realize why it's not sharp, just...kinda wish it was anyway.

13doctorwho, no way am I going to attempt to sharpen this thing, I'll ruin it for sure!:lol:

thorskywalker, It looks to be faux leather, it's also described as being such in their listing.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back