Dreading a P1 mask

predator paul

Hi guys bear in mind that I'm not a NooB I have a serious question about the order of the dreads on a P1 Rose/Wang.

I have 40 of Steves (Jaqtheladd) latex dreads and over 75 holes in the undermask, now I know you guys don't fill all 75 holes so does anybody have a diagram or know of a thread of the order from small to large that I can use for re-dreading mine. I would search But typing in DREADS is like trying to find a needle in a hatstack o_O

Paul .'.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, yeah I too have a set of the same dreads.. was thinking the same :popcorn:

That makes two of us that are puzzled. Steve mentioned cutting the top and bottom of the X so they hang right I have tried this and all other methods including removing the foam of the mask from the inside where they hang. but they still stick out at the back and don't hang naturally. I ended up pulling them all out and am now waiting for some help o_O

They are also heavy but I am giving up the whole costuming lark (too stressful) and will probably just display them on the mannequin for the time being. :sick:

That makes two of us that are puzzled. Steve mentioned cutting the top and bottom of the X so they hang right I have tried this and all other methods including removing the foam of the mask from the inside where they hang. but they still stick out at the back and don't hang naturally. I ended up pulling them all out and am now waiting for some help o_O

They are also heavy but I am giving up the whole costuming lark (too stressful) and will probably just display them on the mannequin for the time being. :sick:

Should have known better than to put DREADS in the title even I get sick of these threads. New title coming up :popcorn:

When searching it often helps to select to search only in thread TITLES. You have to click on more options to get to it, otherwise it simply lists every thread where dreds have ever been mentioned. Also different spellings. :)

As far as getting them to hang naturally, try cutting them at an angle of 45° so that they naturally point downwards after they are glued on. Last mask I put dreds on, I had 40 dreds and way more holes than that, so I counted the holes from the top down to the bottom until I reached 40 holes, and started gluing dreds in there. Work from the bottom upwards so you don't have dreds getting in the way.

Hope that helps a little.

I work backwards than the way Hez does it. I start at the middle top center dreads and work around and down from there. The reason I do that is I can judge how long I prefer my longest dread to hang for that particular mask, which starting at top center makes those ones the longest, and you can make a nice blend out to the sides around that.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back