Dracula Untold (Post-release)

Re: Dracula Untold

A historical representation of the actual story could be interesting, depending on how much they compare it to current events.

Re: Dracula Untold

A historical representation of the actual story could be interesting, depending on how much they compare it to current events.

Indeed. Vlad Tepeş is still held in high regard in Romania for defending the country against the invading Ottomans. A more or less historically accurate biopic of him wouldn't be half bad. If only these movies depicted period-correct armor... :-/

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

I can't even begin to tell you how much I expected this movie to be absolutely terrible. I WANTED it to be good... almost NEEDED it to be good but had steeled myself for yet another disappointing period/fantasy piece. To my shock and pleasure, this movie was not just good but really good! Was it great or epic? Not even close, but it actually was a pretty darn solid movie with believable characters, VERY little cheese and only a few annoying cliches. Luke Evans is fantastic as is Sarah Gadon (Mrs Dracula). This movie really pushes the love story and actually made you believe it... and as odd as it might sound, for all the supernatural elements that were involved, I walked away going "I could buy that."

And the armor... man oh man. Accurate to the period or not, the Dracula armor IS epic and very close to as striking as Eiko's armor from Bram Stoker's Dracula.

Just got back from seeing it. It was much better than I expected it to be. Really liked the ending. It was something I didn't see coming. The costume design was fantastic, as was the scenery. I'm going to stick my neck out and admit that I liked the "Dracula Untold" armor better than the armor in "Dracula".

This movie is loads better than half the movies that got good reviews this year.

And I feel that the dragon armor in this was better designed than the muscle armor in Coppola's film.

And I feel that the dragon armor in this was better designed than the muscle armor in Coppola's film.

I have seen a lot of debate on this, but I actually feel that each fits in its own movie very well. Bram Stoker's Dracula is a much more surreal movie with very over-the-top visuals... and the Eiko armor falls right in line with that style. Dracula Untold is a much more "realistic" movie (as much as a movie can be realistic that includes a man turning into a flock of bats), and is much more grounded... which lends to the Dragon armor being much more practical and subdued in its look. Both certainly seem to have their place although I still LOVE the Eiko armor.

wife and I loved the movie....storyline was good...the Armor...fabulous...I do feel its better than the other, but in different ways....

I don't get why the bad review either, I thought it was pretty good, with fantastic effects and Luke Evans is perfect for the role. In fact I will definitely go see the sequel if they make one, and I hope they will.

As far as sequels go, I think the 2016 movie "The Mummy" is the next in the series. Followed by the Tom Cruise Van Helsing movie.

we need someone to make the pdo files of the armor of Dracula Untold
and BTW infinity blade armore is amazing do anyone have the pdo of it ?

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back