Dr Who Xmas Special question, no spoilers pls

rollerboi

Sr Member
Ok, I'm realy itching to watch this. DVR'd it off BBCA the other night, but I am wondering - is this one I can or should introduce non-Who folk to?

My wife's father and sister are visiting, as well as our niece. Wonderig if I should slip upstairs and watch it alone, or include 'em.

Also, my wife hasn't made the time to watch the 2-part season finale yet. Does she need to watch it first, will she be spoiled?

I am tired of waiting for her! Lol. Need my Christmas Who fix.

It is a Christmas episode based around A Christmas Carol. It is a little out there with fog dwelling fish. Though, it is a decent Christmas episode.

She won't be spoiled beyond knowing the same characters are still kicking, namely Amy and Rory.

i must admit (remember im a big mat smith fan) that i didnt enjoy it at all. Amy Pond is hardly in the episode at all. Id wait until the new season starts!!!

I think it's a perfect "Not we' episode. Nice take on the classic A Christmas Carol, numerous "Doctor Ramblings", some romance, and plenty of laughs along side all the adventure.

Some good "in jokes' for the "We' as well. David's right though, not enough Amy.

I think it's a perfect "Not we' episode. Nice take on the classic A Christmas Carol, numerous "Doctor Ramblings", some romance, and plenty of laughs along side all the adventure.

Some good "in jokes' for the "We' as well. David's right though, not enough Amy.
There's never enough Amy! :lol Though to be fair, it's the first Christmas special to have the regular companion in it.

Wow, and here I thought this was one of the best Christmas Specials yet. The Tennant ones were great but were very punchy and adrenalin pumping. For the first time I found my self really enjoying Matt Smith wholly as The Doctor.

I liked the new spin on the old story and the pathos of the newly created timeline were amazing. I also felt that the subtle hints of the previous season were all there, time can be rewritten and all.

It was an amazing story, I felt, hokey fog-fish and all.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back