Done / Completed Done!!!!!

1:1 BB8 static prop

Okay, we figure the entire kit which includes the Sphere, vinyls, dome and all the dome greeblies ready to assemble to is $800.
A finished droid would be an additional $300

Shipping is NOT included

Reel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Re: 1:1 BB8 static prop

Okay, we figure the entire kit which includes the Sphere, vinyls, dome and all the dome greeblies ready to assemble to be between $750-$800.
A finished droid would be additional.

Reel

Sounds good!

How long will you be offering this prop? I am interested but will most likely go on the second or even third round after the holidays

I would be very interested but not until the movie comes out. If it totally sucks I will pass but if it's not horrible I would be interested.

My current bet is I won't want anything from this movie but one can hope.

Tom

I would be very interested but not until the movie comes out. If it totally sucks I will pass but if it's not horrible I would be interested.

My current bet is I won't want anything from this movie but one can hope.

Tom

Tom, I'm calling it now... You will need two jobs for all the crap you'll want from this flick. :D

Tom, I'm calling it now... You will need two jobs for all the crap you'll want from this flick. :D

I hope so.

I was very excited that they were gonna do Episode 7.

I was most excited when I heard JJ Abrams re-wrote the script to center more on the original cast and just introduce the new guys for taking over in episode 10, 11, etc. Gonna let the OT people have one great last trilogy. Well that turned out to be a bust.

so,..we shall see.

But like everyone else I do like BB8 so I will watch this thread with great interest.

Tom

- - - Updated - - -

Even at the height of my collection I still did not have a single droid. R2D2 has been done to death so I want to build a Gonk droid but not just any Gonk, ... The Gonk.

Add that to a new Jawa someday and a BB8 and I think that would make a nice set.

Tom

Considering the prices of R2s, we are trying to make this as affordable as possible.

Reel

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Considering the prices of R2s, we are trying to make this as affordable as possible.

Reel

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That's a major reason I am so interested. Since a static BB8 is not a complicated thing I am very excited to see what you guys can do.

My guess is you will have a very long interest list once the final product is shown.

Very excited.(y)cheers

Tom

The sphere is on its way. The dome is getting printed and the vinyls are almost done.

I'm hoping to have all the components together in a week or 2. This way I can give ppl an idea of what a basic kit looks like. Then the dome heads off to TheRocketeer for mastering/molding/casting. He will offer finish domes for an additional fee.
That's today's update [emoji6].

Post up or PM me if you want in on the first run.

Reel

Last edited:

Here's the 3D render of the model being used.

View attachment 547581

Model of the dome being printed.

View attachment 547582
View attachment 547583
View attachment 547584
View attachment 547594
View attachment 547595

And the Large eye and projector. Both being printed in the highest detail.

View attachment 547601
View attachment 547602

Projector

View attachment 547603
View attachment 547604

Post up if interested. It's limited to 10 right now. If the demand is there, a second run may happen.

Reel

Last edited:

Looks fantastic Reel. Color me interested depending on price. Excelent job. Following this with great interest

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back