Don Post Myers mask conversion

ob1al

Sr Member
Hi all!
I've been pretty busy with work, family life and music for a while and haven't had any time to work on new props.

However, we are on a 2 week break from the band and I decided to work on a project I have wanted to tackle for a while, a Michael Myers mask from HALLOWEEN.

I bought a standard Don Post 2003 mask from a local sci-fi store (£29.99) and did the following:

Removed hair from sides of head and reglued hairline. Gave Myers a haircut too and darkened the hair.
Removed crumples and imperfections in the latex pull using blow-dryer, fingers and adding an extra layer of latex inside the mask
Added glue marks to temples
Repainted the mask with white latex acrylics, skin tones in certain places (to replicate the look of the original Kirk converted mask) and added highlights with black acrylics

Here's a stock photo of the original DP mask:

851is3.jpg

And here's my conversion:

037zr8.jpg

040bb1.jpg

042fg1.jpg

044zv2.jpg

I know there are some fantastic, accurate masks out there, but for a DP conversion on a budget I'm quite happy with how it turned out. It looks creepy enough on display, anyway!

Regards
Al

You can almost recognise Bill 'Jim Kirk' Shatner in that face. All together now...

"KHAAAAAANNNNNNNNN!!!!" :eek

Last edited by a moderator:
I had thought about doing this myself, but never got around to it. Now you've pretty much told me how to do it w/o figuring out myself. Thanks.

Nice job!

That looks much better! It's funny because I just finished reworking a 2006 DP Myers. Here's a before and after:

DPMask.jpg

DSC00104smx.jpg

It's amazing what a little paint will do. The underlying sculpt is still way off but it makes for a decent mask you can wear without worrying about it.

Do anyone have a photo of how the Kirk mask looked that they used in the original movie? I never seen it.
What i meaning is how the masked looked before they turned it into a myers mask for the movie.
/Conny

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back