Does costumes need to have initials?

Petar

Hello everyone,

I have one short question.
Does screenued movie costumes need to have initials from actors?
I have Julianne Moore screenused shirt,with no initials,but I saw Alessandro Nivola's shirt from Jurassic Park 3 and it have initials?
Are both authentic?

Hey Petar,

All comes down to the production. I have a number of items worn by some big name actors that have no markings at all. Some will carry only a costume tag or as an example I have a Jacket with markings simply hand written in the shoulder. Each production is going to be entirely different, some costumes are made in house and some using companies such as Anto, Western, Angels or Bill Hargate each are going to be different.

-Aaron

Hey Petar,

All comes down to the production. I have a number of items worn by some big name actors that have no markings at all. Some will carry only a costume tag or as an example I have a Jacket with markings simply hand written in the shoulder. Each production is going to be entirely different, some costumes are made in house and some using companies such as Anto, Western, Angels or Bill Hargate each are going to be different.

-Aaron

Hello Aaron,i just want to thank you for your help :)

Petar.. I have also had the same experience with the Movie costumes that I have purchased.. Some like the "Hunger Games" had designer labels and initials sewn into the shirts for the High end actors, like Woody Harrelson, Stanley Tucci, and so on. Others on the same film had their name written into the costumes with magic marker. Then on other movies like "If I Stay" the costumes were marked only by paper tags, showing scenes, a listings of items worn with that costume. I purchased one Hero piece from the Movie "If I Stay". It was Adams costume from the Hallway scene. Just had the paper tags, no markings on the inside, but I did find breath mints in the pocket ...so we know it was definitely used. lol I think the other thing that can really help, is if you can screen match something unique about the piece to a moment in the movie. Sometimes this is a loose thread or a stain, or even a splatter of blood on the prop, and if you can match it to the scene. Then you have the best of everything.. "Screen Matched" Hope this helps John

Petar.. I have also had the same experience with the Movie costumes that I have purchased.. Some like the "Hunger Games" had designer labels and initials sewn into the shirts for the High end actors, like Woody Harrelson, Stanley Tucci, and so on. Others on the same film had their name written into the costumes with magic marker. Then on other movies like "If I Stay" the costumes were marked only by paper tags, showing scenes, a listings of items worn with that costume. I purchased one Hero piece from the Movie "If I Stay". It was Adams costume from the Hallway scene. Just had the paper tags, no markings on the inside, but I did find breath mints in the pocket ...so we know it was definitely used. lol I think the other thing that can really help, is if you can screen match something unique about the piece to a moment in the movie. Sometimes this is a loose thread or a stain, or even a splatter of blood on the prop, and if you can match it to the scene. Then you have the best of everything.. "Screen Matched" Hope this helps John

Hi John,
Yes,like you said about blood stains,i have bought Julianne Moore's shirt from The Lost World:Jurassic Park,and it had blood stain from animatronic T-Rex.Thank you very much for help-members on this forum are really nice. :)

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back