Doctor Who moving to Disney+ in 2023 (except in the UK & Ireland)

Urrggh, this doesn't really appeal to me at all. I didn't enjoy Ridleys performance at all the sequel movies (though I'll freely admit everything else about those movies was so terrible that its hard to judge her actual abilities).
But more importantly, the companions are meant to be just that... companions. The Doctor is the star of the show and who we're all tuning in to see. One of the ways that the newer Who series have struggled is with this insistence on making the companions have bigger and bigger roles, and steal the limelight from the Doctor, It started with Kaen Gillan in the Matt Smith years, was amplified by Jenna Coleman's character during her run and then completely jumped the shark with the companions in the Chibnal era.

They've cast a virtual unknown as the Doctor, which is great. I like when they allow a new actor to put a new spin on the character. But there's a huge risk of a bigger-name actress stealing the limelight, or even just being given story priority due to the weight of her past filmography.
Let this new Doctor shine on his own merits, and let him discover new Companions in new actors, and let them all earn their place in the ongoing story by their performances on the show.
What they need are new stories with new dangers..
If that's possible for a show this old..
RTD Certainly knew how to craft a story and bring in some new Aliens..

"Moisturise me"

Was always a highlight.

Sarah Jane, Zoe Leila and many more all had a twinkle for The Time traveller..

Its The Doctors way, the scamp!
I'll give you that but not to the same extent. I was kinda glad when 12 had a gay companion since that meant she wouldn't be falling in love with him. Then with 13 I was happy she had a bunch of companions because you would think that wouldn't happen but then Yaz falls in love with her.

I'll give you that but not to the same extent. I was kinda glad when 12 had a gay companion since that meant she wouldn't be falling in love with him. Then with 13 I was happy she had a bunch of companions because you would think that wouldn't happen but then Yaz falls in love with her.
Clara just really grated as a character for me.. Coupled with the fact she was just so Theatrical all the time, it was almost like watching Eliza Doo little..

Then just as she's about to die I found myself liking her quite a bit.
Oh fickle mind of mine.

Clara just really grated as a character for me.. Coupled with the fact she was just so Theatrical all the time, it was almost like watching Eliza Doo little..

Then just as she's about to die I found myself liking her quite a bit.
Oh fickle mind of mine.
When I found her about to die, I was very happy about it.

Considering that John Barrowman was exposed as ‘exposing’ himself on set for laughs on the heels of the me too movement, I doubt he’ll be back as Jack.

Noel Clark was called out for behaving badly towards women and he was like , “what about all the times John snuck up behind me on the set and put his **** on my shoulder for laughs?’

No one ever said he touched anyone. Mottrex was using a very clever play on words.

He has been accused of touching others with his Mr. WooHoo though.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back