Doctor Who: Day of the Doctor Zygon Scanner Build

A chance encounter in the sewing box today produced these sewing needle containers :)

33jtlzb.jpg

They will eventually form the basis for these;

1zn2whx.jpg
15xcpk.jpg

Last edited:
I should have known you'd be tackling this awesome prop as well. It's looking good! It's a very intricate mishmash of random parts to try and match.

this bit is off the inside spinny bit of an old floppy drive!
1zn2whx.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

in a bit i will post a pic, i have the peice!! i was getting the stepper out of a floppy drive and ut it aside to make a neclase. what a cool coinsidence

Not having a clue what any of the components are that were used on the back, I've set about scratch building it all.

91ia7t.jpg
2rfew4g.jpg

Last edited:
This build is awesome. Looking forward to seeing the final product!

Here are two fairly high quality images that you might not have seen already. The first is a 1080p bluray screenshot.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v418/str8_jacket/Stuff/TheDayOf1080-05_zps4f1ed923.png~original
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...a51a6513a4b25ede4241_zpsd7a98c83.jpg~original

In the image where he's holding it on it's side, you can see a flipswitch. Also, I was thinking, if the circular copper bit is from a floppy drive motor, doesn't it make sense that the circuit board is also from the floppy drive? Although, it does kinda look like they cut out the circle of the circuit board below the motor part and just put it on top of another circuit board.
Hope these help :)

Is this at the DW Experience? It would be nice to have some good photos of it!!

Handles now complete and attached :)

2vwi3wi.jpg
258t446.jpg

I now have the two dial fronts to make from scratch, (I've built the housings) the red neon tube and ring holder for the top, a few screws to add, and the wiring to wrap around the unit :)

Last edited:
This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back