Do not dry clean the Anovos Picard mess dress!

frogbmth

Hi all
I just wanted to give a heads up warning to anybody looking to dry clean an anovos garment. Don’t do it!
I bought the Picard dress uniform top from Anovos at DSTE this last weekend and after wearing it followed the care instruction in taking it to the dry cleaners. As is common with dry cleaners they tested the garment for colourfastness with a small dab of the standard benzine solution that dry cleaning uses, on the gold braid and also the red cuff material. The red has bled out into the white fabric and now the garment is ruined!
The cleaners tell me that if they wash the whole garment or try to get the red bleed out it will simply release more the the non-colourfast red dye unto the garment.
I contacted Anovos and the care team are going to talk to the product team to see what the options are.
But I wanted to give a heads up as I am unsure whether I got just a faulty item or whether there is an overall issue with the fabric not being suitable for dry cleaning.
My advice would be do not sent this item for dry cleaning if you have it.

9E68CDED-F32A-4332-AC6B-6420E7E8EE56.jpeg07C09B06-E29A-481E-AA5D-854453124673.jpeg

9E68CDED-F32A-4332-AC6B-6420E7E8EE56.jpeg

07C09B06-E29A-481E-AA5D-854453124673.jpeg

The dry cleaner just put one small spot of cleaning fluid in the centre of he red band to test it for colour fastness, but found it was not in fact colour fast but the colour later wicked the colour into the white fabric (overnight) That’s why it’s just in one spot, as the cleaners did not put it through the process after finding the colour fast properties were faulty.

Looks like another victim of the dreaded Anovos QC. With all the delays they have due to testing, you'd think this wouldn't happen.

Just as in an interim update 3 weeks in, no solution yet from Anovos. They have been communicating with me but currently it’s a case of “we are looking into it” and “we are checking a few details”.
I was going to go for the Monster Maroon but this experience is making me really worried about buying anything else from what I thought was a good brand with a quality product. They are not exactly fallin over themselves to do anything about the faulty goods so a credit card chargeback may be in order unfortunately

3 weeks I would do a chargeback immediately, they have had PLENTY of time to come up with a “solution”
Agreed. If Anovos stood behind their product their solution should have been send it back for replacement or here's your refund for sending shoddy product.

Just my opinion. But If you pay for quality. You should get quality. I feel like customer service. and product quality control has fallen on quite a few levels. Everywhere

They do it because they don’t care and they know people will keep sending them money.

So many things I would just LOVE to buy from Anovos but I will not because of how they fail at running a legitimate business

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back