DJ Vader Helmet by Vadermonkey

Darth Infamous

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Just received this beautiful cast of the DJ Vader helmet !! Its amazing !! Vadermonkeys casting work is impeccable ! Nice and sharp ! Huge shoutout to him. So now I have the dome mounted where I want it on to the painting. Any vader enthusiasts know what paint was used on the original ANH vader ? It would be much appreciated ! Im ready to paint and weather this bad boy!! :)

Attachments

• IMG_0982.jpg
    IMG_0982.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 301
  • IMG_0983.jpg
    IMG_0983.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 300
  • IMG_0984.jpg
    IMG_0984.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 301
Thanks !! Absolutely blown away by how well Vadermonkey casted it. The DJ is an amazing helmet. So happy to have it. I have an EFX legend and you can really compare and tell the clean up they did on the efx.

Thank you eethan.
Does anyone know if the black was a semi gloss or a full gloss paint ? Im trying to decide which one to use. Updated with better lit pics.

Attachments

• IMG_0991.jpg
    IMG_0991.jpg
    351.6 KB · Views: 234
  • IMG_0993.jpg
    IMG_0993.jpg
    273 KB · Views: 245
  • IMG_0994.jpg
    IMG_0994.jpg
    404.7 KB · Views: 280
Last edited:
I used full gloss black but then buffed it out with a polish that was not the final polish. Does that make sense? There is a sort of orangy-brown Turtle Wax paste that comes in a hocky puck shaped container from Turtle Wax.

Maybe paint something as a test, let it dry, and buff it out with that stuff. Then wash off the paste with soap and water and see what the finish is like.

It's certainly not ESB gloss in those movies but ANH is still glossy paint - just jacked up a bit I think.

Mike did a GREAT job casting that thing!!!!

Anyone have the armor yet?

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back