Disney's Haunted Mansion

Great ride integration but the plot and characters feel so overdone/stereotypical that it instantly feels like a generic film. I feel like i've already seen this movie except now it's inside a disney ride. Feel like this could have been fleshed out further to be a period piece and told through the eyes of kids like the goonies/monster squad and retain some horror without funny quips and hacky one liners.

I do hope my opinion changes when I actually see it tho.

Great ride integration but the plot and characters feel so overdone/stereotypical that it instantly feels like a generic film. I feel like i've already seen this movie except now it's inside a disney ride. Feel like this could have been fleshed out further to be a period piece and told through the eyes of kids like the goonies/monster squad and retain some horror without funny quips and hacky one liners.

I do hope my opinion changes when I actually see it tho.
You have a point there, although it still looks enjoyable to me. But with the extensive amount of lore behind the ride, they could have easily made a movie based on that lore. They could have even thrown in Easter eggs tying it into Pirates, which I believe that the ride lore sort of does.

Had a hankering for Ghosts, so I watched We have a Ghost on Netflix. Wasn't expecting much, but it was pretty darn good. Even shed a tear or two, and that's the highest praise I can give a movie. And this time I wasn't crying because of how bad it was, lol.

We just watched the Haunted Mansion remake. That was terrible! I’ve never seen such flat performances from almost all of the actors. They seemed to want to be anywhere else but making this movie. The Eddie Murphy version is much better.

We just watched the Haunted Mansion remake. That was terrible! I’ve never seen such flat performances from almost all of the actors. They seemed to want to be anywhere else but making this movie. The Eddie Murphy version is much better.

And the thing is, they had a talented cast.

I just watched this take on the Haunted Mansion and both my wife and I really enjoyed it. We both thought it was much better than first one with Eddy Murphy. The story was better and the cast was better too, we both felt that the first one suffered from having Eddy Murphy and that it was crafted more to be a star vehicle for Eddy Murphy more than anything else. This new one did better with its ensemble cast and none of its big named stars really take central stage. I personally liked the bits of Mansion lore that was thrown in as well as of the Easter Eggs from the ride itself.

All in all a very enjoyable movie and my wife and I were both wondering why it did so poorly at the box office. Neither of us saw anything particularly wrong with it. No identity politics, and it tied in nicely to the ride.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back