Devastating News: RIP Greg Jein

asalaw

Sr Member
From Rick Sternbach on FB:

Some of us had heard inklings earlier but the news is now out. Greg Jein has passed, and the film and miniature world is a better place for his having lived in it and contributed so much. I first got to meet Greg in the late 70s, and followed his exploits up to and beyond the times he and his colleagues brought some of my Star Trek ship designs to life. Thank you for your friendship, and your amazing talent.

I was told about Greg Jein’s passing a couple weeks ago and remained quiet about it out of respect to him and his family. I regret not taking a proposed trip to California three years ago when friends and Glen Loughboro were making their recreation of the Gemini 12 crash from Lost in Space,It had been mentioned a possible trip to Greg's house for a visit.

I did not know him personally , But always admired his work. Loved all his contributions with miniatures from Close Encounters to 1941. And of course ALL his contributions to STAR TREK. Greg liked remaining low key and never got involved in the toxic and divisive discussions in a number of fan forums(can't say I blame him). I hope he realized how a lot of us admired him and his ART.
Rest In Peace sir.

I was lucky to meet him in 1995 at his modelshop. He gave me a tour and I was so amazed about the quality of his craftsmanship and his dedication to the art of building miniature models. Thank you for sharing the magic with me Mr. Jein, may you rest in peace.

I was lucky to meet him in 1995 at his modelshop. He gave me a tour and I was so amazed about the quality of his craftsmanship and his dedication to the art of building miniature models. Thank you for sharing the magic with me Mr. Jein, may you rest in peace.
I wish I could have met the man; I bet he was one fascinating guy to talk to!

Have only just seen the news on Facebook. Very sad to hear of his passing & condolences to his family and friends.

it was always very difficult to find published interviews with Greg but one of the best was in Cinefex #2 from 1980.
In memory of him , a selection of images....

355ACF2A-D7C7-4996-889D-C6DA412CA9D1.jpeg9C019E05-F3F7-4B00-90DD-3A87DD66EB50.jpegE98FBCD5-A99F-420E-A779-8A8BB7DF0C26.jpegF7ED8490-778D-44E7-9C99-4C6A9795831E.jpeg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back