Delorean DMC Grill emblem belt buckle help...

dhennick99

I picked up a Delorean's DMC grill emblem and would like to make it into a belt buckle. Any ideas about how I might go about tackling this project? It seems simple enough. There are 3 prongs that hold it in place on the car. I'm thinking about sawing them off so I have a flat surface to work with. Are there any kits available for custom buckles? I'd like to avoid any welding if possible.
01262012348.jpg

although isnt it a bit wide

-It's not too wide to be practical. Here's an approximation of what I'm going for. I like your idea of using epoxy with a throw away buckle from another belt. I'd like to seat the buckle behind the "M". It should fit nicely between the front loops on most pants.

01262012349.jpg

Thats an awesome Idea!:love

I think I might have a go at that also!

I'm gonna contact my laser cutter buddy and get a few of these made up! out of aluminium!

I gonna scale it down a tad tho!

rich

Thanks. That 1/2" (3.8 cm) to 1-3/4" (4.4 cm) blank is definitely a possibility. Hoping I can just epoxy it behind the "M".

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back