DeAgostini Done?

Leave a little hint, the aroma of accessories at the original page/name?
Create a new website/name without much obvious transition clues, like links at the old website?
Drop all trace of the MF--which to me, was the only thing worth buying and what, single-handedly, gave rise to this particular board?
Possibly leave X-wing customers with a fraction of a ship? (I was quite public about not giving a poop about it anyway.)
No suggestion they will break their business model a little to allow for other subjects? (The target price point won't work for a 24th scale y-wing or TIE, unless you combine 2+ as one "product". A "studio scale" blockade runner is too big.)

On a side note, in the early 2000s, I got heavily into the live music scene in southern california. Primarily indie rock. I came across so many really good bands and went to so many shows. And almost none of them became a success story. (Metric is the only one I can think of that kind of got big.) And in each case, you could see it happening in real time. The places they played. Almost no advertising or marketing (the grassroots kind, which is feasable). Not working together to pool their small groups of fans. The Incredible Moses Leroy should be (relatively speaking) a household name. Then he came out with an album called "Become the Soft.Lightes"--no typos there; how to you even pronounce that? He changed the name of the band to The Soft.Lightes on the next album. Perhaps there will be nothing else from DeAgostini/ModelSpace/Fanhome/Kuhl:Mottles for John Q. StarWarsFan.

Mike Todd

The obvious reason to ask is that it's not readily available and a google search takes us to an official website that says it's no longer subscribable. It doesn't appear to be available or to have been available as a complete kit. The common early fear is that someone will start a subscription and then it fades away before it's finished. (This is why I waited for Dexter and Breaking Bad to be completely done before I started watching.) Seems like the MF was done while they were still taking subscriptions and people had the option to subscribe or buy the whole thing at once. Now, based on the wing mechanism alone, I'd say that subscribers and anyone else who buys this, got screwed. But that's opinion.
Mike Todd

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back