Deadwood

Wes

I searched the forum but couldn't find any straight answers on this. So, does anyone know if any Deadwood props were ever released from HBO?

Wes

To this day, I still am quite upset that this show is no more.

I just wish they would have given us some closure.

I bought the book about the show and wow... if you ever feel like putting a gun to your head, just read that book.

Thanks for the info Art. I'll have to check the book out.

I'm still pretty po'd about the show not finishing. Supposedly there was only 4 hours left to the series. (Two) two hour movies

I'd like to find Dan and Al's knives

I'm still pretty po'd about the show not finishing. Supposedly there was only 4 hours left to the series. (Two) two hour movies

No, that's what HBO offered Milch instead of another season. He turned 'em down, sadly... but maybe for the best?

Truly the best TV that's ever been produced, I really do miss it. Mind you, Mad Men is pretty close; I'm just 'bout to watch the final episode of the third season.

According to the (always right! ;)) Wikipedia, what he turned down was a short order of a 6 episode fourth season, but counter-offered to do the two movies. Why he preferred four hours to six kind of puzzles me, but HBO was amenable. Just never happened, is all.

Very frustrated and truly ashame. Especially after reading the behind the scenes book and getting a totally different take on some of the characters, but also knowing that Milch did a LOT of improv on the set, I really would have liked to know where the characters would have gone. If you read about the real Al Swearengen, his final years and life story were pretty darn sad and his death was downright pathetic. I wonder if they would have ever shown that or not. Also, based on what I read in the book, Seth was a MUCH darker character than I felt he was portrayed in the show and I would have liked to have seen where they went with that as well. Guess we will never know, and while I watch "Justified", and see Timothy O trying to channel Seth for Raylan Givens, that show is a far cry from Deadwood. :(

What book are you all speaking of? I was a a HUGE Deadwood fan, I agree that it is probably the best television show of my time. There are other shows I loved, but it was just amazing!

I always felt that the Bullock near the boiling point was the real character, and should have been present 24/7. I suppose a character like that would have just eventually shot everyone, and not been much of a character at all.

Anyhow, what is the title of the book?

thanks!

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back