Db P1 Repaint For The Darkside

Usurper

I always fancied painting a DB P1, but due to several issues, DB being about as reliable as a one legged man in a ass kicking contest, money and recasts of the mask, i never got around to owning one.

So when The Darkside contacted me about repainting his DB p1 , i jumped at the chance.

anyway 2 attached pictures are of how the mask arrived, and the 4 pictures below are it completed today. It was really nice to paint something that i didnt make. and i hope Jason likes it.

thanks for looking.
Lee.

rp1.jpg
rp2.jpg

rp3.jpg

rp4.jpg

IMG_3579.JPG

IMG_3584.JPG

thanks guys.

Hez, i use FWINKS.

Colours for p1 for me basically are these.

White
Yellow Ocre
Antleope brown
Burnt Umber
Black.

mouth is obviously red and white mixed for different shades of pink, or ome blue for feint purple tinges and eve some browns thrown in.

Looks great, Lee! The Darkside made a great decision in coming to you. Your spotting on the repaint is much truer to the movie scheme and the overall color palette, as always, looks that much better...

Last edited by a moderator:
Cheers for the colour list Lee. I have all of those. :) I must admit though, when I saw 'The Darkside' I was expecting some sort of shadowy, Vader-esque paint up.

The Darkside is very happy beleive me, an amazing job cant wait to get him back so thanks to Lee again also a thanks to the bloke off ebay who pointed me in his direction hadnt even heard of the hunters lair and i am not joking when i say i was phoning around and taking the mask to people for over 2 years with no luck people not good enough and others not wanting to help at all. its nice to know theres still a few decent people on the planet if your lucky enough to find them.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back