Darth Vader HELP

Vdubbri

Hi everyone I want to pursue a Vader costume. I have been scouring the internet trying to find one that someone has pieced together that is complete or I might settle for a Rubies supreme. Don't flame me on the Rubies I already know it's inadequacies. Does anyone know where I can go besides eBay to try to find a costume someone has pieced together? If not can someone give me so insight as to what size Rubies I should get. I am 6' 3" and weigh around 185. I am not looking to be 501st approved. I just want a half way decent costume but if I could get better for the same price as the Rubies then obviously I would jump on that instead.

Tagged for intetest.

Sounds lie you need to actually gain some Vader weight. I need to loose some (6'4", 275lbs). Wish we could trade...

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I don't have a ton of money so I was looking for $600 or less if possible. I was hoping to try to find someone's setup in a forum classified or something but I cannot find any.

Hi Vdubbri ... Go do some research here : http://forum.501stsithlords.com/index.php?act=idx I know it's the Sith Lord Detachments Forum for the 501st ... even when you don't go for 501st approval as I did not ... there's tons of info regarding the costume and advice where to get all the parts even on a rather tight budget ... do post an intro #1 post which then will give you access to Watto's Junkyard to get a feel for used and new parts and their going rates/values. Now I must add $600 is probably just enough to get you a Rubies costume which as you mentioned is rubbish and not worth a penny. Instead gather as much info as you can and start collecting parts used or new a piece at the time ... most Vader costumers aren't rich either and usually it takes over a year to gather the parts to complete a full costume. I have a mish mash Vader costume in the making ... ANH mask, ESB dome, ROTJ parts etcetera ... a used leather costume ... go for leather ... pleather and Rubies are way to uncomfortable to wear for trooping. After 2 years and just a nice cod piece in the making from Artisan Props I'm about ready to couble the costume together once I finish the paintjobs when the weather allows. Be patient when going for a 1:1 Vader costume ... at times complete suits or parts pop up in Watto's Junkyard or even here in the Junkyard of the rpf ... a believable Vader is valued around $2000 - $5000 depending on where you collected your parts used or otherwise. I hope this helps and keep us up to date ... there's not much Vader builders around these forums :)

Chaïm

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back