Cyclone_06's Customs And Re-Paints (Updated 9/21/2014 Bde Broken Tusk, Son Of P2!)

First, thanks for the compliments. I appreciate all the criticisms I have recieved to help me better myself as a customizer. It's been a really fun ride and learning experience. I appreciate the help from Konrad, Marcus, and other artists and pred fans. Its great to be a part of the Predator cult following lol.

I personally use Folk Art, Americana, Delta Ceramicoat, and Createx (airbrush) paints. The brands I use get knocked on, but I have never had any issues, and you can see they have quite a color selection and are very vibrant. When painting, be prepared for paint rub, it's going to happen, and try to plan your figure out in layers. Start with base coats, then build on top of them. You will learn your own style and technique as you go, and learn from your peers and their advice.

~CYCLONE_06

These figures/re-paints are just simply brilliant!  :cool:

p.s. My favourite custom predator of your's has to be the "Red Elder predator". Now that is one badass predator with the gort mask and red reticles, pure brilliance! I also really like the burgandy colour on your latest custom, that is a really nice colour. Can't wait for the next!  :D

Some updates and newbies for you guys... Ancient Elder armor update... Albino, Aqua, City Hunter, Top Knot and Greyback updates and new photos from my new camera I got for christmas... New Predators Warrior (Kenner Homage) with removeable mask, and Warrior 'Ram' Pred from P2.   Hope you guys enjoy.

~CYCLONE_06

Albino Hunter 10.jpg

Ancient Elder 1.jpg

Aqua Hunter 12.jpg

Top Knot 10.jpg

City Hunter 17.jpg

Warrior Predator 23.jpg

Warrior Predator 9.jpg

Ram Predator 12.JPG

Ultimate Elder 10.jpg

Ultimate Elder 11.jpg

Ultimate Elder 5.jpg

Excellent work all round. Have to say, I especially love Top Knot's armour and your P2's skin tones.

Where'd you get that gauntlet on Warrior? Looks perfect! I try to keep an eye out on Neca's other toy lines or spawn figs for any suitable spare bits but that one's awesome.

deepincision said:
Excellent work all round. Have to say, I especially love Top Knot's armour and your P2's skin tones.

Where'd you get that gauntlet on Warrior? Looks perfect! I try to keep an eye out on Neca's other toy lines or spawn figs for any suitable spare bits but that one's awesome.
The glove is from some kind of Spawn half goat / half human pirate figure with a huge skull for a helmet.  He has two of those gloves, one on each hand.

After a search, here he is...

http://www.newmooncomics.com/product-p/1019060.htm  Legend of the Blade Hunters Tyr (Dragon Rider).

I had a whole load of pics to share, but it says I can't use photos from photobucket for some reason ?

~CYCLONE_06

Well I certainly appreciate the kind words.  My thoughts were to take the Pred parts I have and try to build something that would resemble the original Kenners but with more updated and realistic execution.

Altho, I am a fan of the NECA Kenner Preds.

~CYCLONE_06

deepincision said:
Brilliant repaints as always.

But yeah, I've been busy with other hobbies but I've noticed it getting a bit quiet around here :(
That's just it. I think now that spring and summer are getting ready to hit (at least in the states) more and more are focusing on the "wearable" type of projects rather than the "collectible" type. 

Oh well though. At least there will be a whole slew of newer works when the time comes. :cool:

I didn't use to be either, but if you look back, you can see that practice makes much better results.  Look at some of my older threads versus the ones im showing you guys now.

~CYCLONE_06

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back