CW's The Flash Costume Build

Chenat22

Hey guys, for this year's con I have decided to go as The Flash from the recent TV show. I really enjoyed the series so I am extremely excited about this build. As always I am always looking for advice etc. as I am new to this area of cosplay (Vinyl,Sewing) I need to have this suit done by mid July, so let's get to it! :D

I am making the suit out of vinyl but I haven't ordered it yet so I figured I would start with the helmet which I am making out of foam. I have managed to find a pepakura file of the helmet from the show:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1432660030.620555.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1432660062.158955.jpg

I have scaled and printed out the pieces ImageUploadedByTapatalk1432660333.376645.jpg
Now it's time to cut the pieces out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

UPDATE:

Ok, so basically I ran into a few issues with the foam and have decided to just order one online as it was taking to much time and I haven't even started the suit yet. http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Flash-B...eather-Helmet-/351372097335?item=351372097335

I'd be careful in where you buy your suit from, and check if they are legitimate in the photo actually being THEIR product. On another thread (http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=239010&) , a member bought the costume shown in the picture you have there from another seller, for a much higher price. Again, I'd check if I were you. Contact the seller and ask for pictures like YuZheng did, and check to see if they are original pictures. Just a word of caution! Other than that, good luck with your project! I'd love to see where this goes!

I'd be careful in where you buy your suit from, and check if they are legitimate in the photo actually being THEIR product. On another thread (http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=239010&) , a member bought the costume shown in the picture you have there from another seller, for a much higher price. Again, I'd check if I were you. Contact the seller and ask for pictures like YuZheng did, and check to see if they are original pictures. Just a word of caution! Other than that, good luck with your project! I'd love to see where this goes!

Thanks man! I am making my own suit but I'm just buying the mask. I will take your advice though and ask for pictures. Thanks.

So this is the vinyl that I will be purchasing for my suit: ImageUploadedByTapatalk1432833396.476749.jpg After comparing different shades I felt that this was the closest.

So I just got the sample of the vinyl that I ordered ImageUploadedByTapatalk1432904291.525321.jpg It looks darker on camera but it still may be too light.

I am also very stuck on what fabric to use for these parts of the suit ImageUploadedByTapatalk1432904754.867613.jpg any ideas?

So just a quick little update because I aim to post at least everyday. I am currently In the process of making the helmet. I am trying out a method that I seen someone do, hopefully It turns out ok. I'll post a picture of my progress later.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back