Custom Halloween character ROGUE SKULL

fotokid

This year I've been searching through every mange/graphic novel and film to find the perfect costume for Halloween. After much debate I decided to go for a custom character pulling from my favorite influences. The concept of my character is a post WWII rogue sniper. I will be wearing a long wool trench coat, all black suit, boots, and skull makeup with colored contacts. My weapon will be an absurdly large sniper built from a modified Nerf blaster. I may add smaller weapons (pistols, grenades, etc..) and eventually he will have a name.

I will post progress here along with a full photo shoot of the finished piece for the RPF contest. Feedback/criticism will be greatly appreciated!

Last edited:
Re: Custom character Halloween 2011 WIP

Nerf gun of choice: Longstrike CS-6 $17 w/ coupon

Stock gun with PVC barrel and PVC scope (made from threaded end caps)

Cutting off the stock barrel tip

Dremeled barrel tip

Barrel tip mock up

Scope mock up

Full mock up

Last edited:

After the scope is complete and the barrel is properly mounted, I will disassemble the entire gun and begin painting. I will also be extending the bullet clip or buying one of the larger ones.

That barrel is rediculous. :lol

Cool mods so far. The contacts are neat. I'm curious as to how it all fits together.

That barrel is rediculous. :lol

I know! Hoping to grab one of those massive extended clips to really make this piece stand out. Anyone one know where to buy cheap mock bullets? I want to load the spare clips with a couple bullets each to carry with it.

metallic silver/grey base coat going on now in the studio. This will be covered up by a flat black coat and then sanded through for weathering.

Updates! Finally started the weathering after the paint fully cured for a couple days. So far just a little wet sanding on the edges to let the silver/grey show through. I'll have to touch up areas where I sanded a bit too far and orange is now showing through.

For comparison, the ammo clip has not be sanded down yet.

Boots!

If i can find them cheap I want to add some nice driving style gloves and a chest holster so when I remove my jacket there's more to the costume. Seeing a guy with a skull face and leather gloves/holster has got to be pretty terrifying :eek

That rifle looks like something a Brotherhood of Steel sniper would use. The paint job looks so similar to their power armour.

That rifle looks like something a Brotherhood of Steel sniper would use. The paint job looks so similar to their power armour.

I'll have to check that out and see if I can pull some more influences into the finished in piece.

Thinking about getting an ammo belt and loading it with faux shells for either a waist belt or a sling for the rifle

Very nice. Where'd you find that gun for 17.00? I can never find it for a price like that.

What kind of boots are those? I like 'em. I also like the coat.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back