current price for Obi Grenade?

The prices are wide ranging depending on completeness, condition, location, and accuracy. They can go from $150 USD up to 7 or 8 hundred dollars for a complete primo one.

It's hard to say if that is a good deal or not.
To a purist, the interest in that grenade changes. That is not an accurate-to-screen-used-prop Hales. The fragmentation tube has a variant cuff/lip by the windvane. A purist won't want it on their saber but maybe as a variant historical specimen of the original item archived as an example of the originally intended use/purpose of the item. It, I assume is also somewhat rare among No.3 Mk1's, but I don't know that. I also don't know pricing for the pure WWI or British Grenade collectors. I would be surprised to see it not sell for that amount, mostly for the variant and condition reasons to non-Star Warsy collectors.
The brass plate at the end of the central shaft is also wider than the screen used hero prop. The plate appears to completely cover the lip of the fragmentation tube, the tube which is already wider than typical.
Its difficult to know the actual shape of the fragmentation tube.

I think a good deal would be in the 200-300$ range at the moment. Everything else is probably the future market. So go for it if you're in need of one. It is a nice complete set.

As an inert ordnance collector (side-effect of Obi-Wan collecting), the grenade you posted pictures of isn't one you would want for a lightsaber. It is extremely rare, and will probably sell for much more than the current price. The only other one I have seen like it was in a museum.

Last edited:
All of the complete ones I have purchased have ranged from $300 to $900. It really depends on the condition and which variant of the No.3 it is.

This is good information. I just purchased one but didn't realize there were so many variations. Is there a thread on this topic? I don't want to derail this one.
It would be interesting to see pics of grenades posted and what price was paid here in this thread as well.

Looks like someone has deleted my post with the pics for some reason:unsure Yes this is a very rare type and I too am in to the Ordnance collecting scene and would never convert such a rare type, but it did get me thinking what price these things go for, especially seeing the rise and rise of the Graflex flash handles.

Looks like someone has deleted my post with the pics for some reason:unsure Yes this is a very rare type and I too am in to the Ordnance collecting scene and would never convert such a rare type, but it did get me thinking what price these things go for, especially seeing the rise and rise of the Graflex flash handles.

It was probably removed due to being from a currently live auction, although someone would have had to report it, AND there was not a link to the auction, so...very strange.

You can always buy a replica neck from Roman if the No.3 frag bodies are similar. This is what I did with mine, though it was only because my neck was bent.

Can I sell the bent neck, rod and brass parts back into the ordinance community? They're in really good shape, I just have no use for them and could imagine someone would get much more pleasure out of them...

You can always buy a replica neck from Roman if the No.3 frag bodies are similar. This is what I did with mine, though it was only because my neck was bent.

Can I sell the bent neck, rod and brass parts back into the ordinance community? They're in really good shape, I just have no use for them and could imagine someone would get much more pleasure out of them...

This is a great idea. I think there'd be a definite market for the extra parts. I was wondering what to do them, now I know.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back