Crysknives

Vermithrax 4

Here are some crysknife prop designs we're starting. These are just the basic foam sculpts but we'll be covering them in Bondo, smoothing them then casting and running copies in resin for sale, both painted and unpainted. Opinions from DUNE fans welcome.

Crysknives.jpg

Crysknife1.jpg

Crysknife2.jpg

Crysknife3.jpg

This. This is closes to what it looks like in my head, could do with being a bit more slender though IMO

I agree. The second one looks too much like a butcher knife, and the third one isn't organic-looking enough. I like the angles and curves on the first blade best.

I am a huge Dune fan (I am currently reading all the books, including the prequels, in chronological order). I love all three of your designs . I am glad to see you are not reproducing one of the movie or miniseries ones. I am very happy to see someone doing a book version(s).

Great work!!

My vote is also for the first design. For me a crysknife has to look 'different', organic but still really 'functional'. This design looks like it could cut in a number of directions. This looks like it could be a really interesting project.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back