Could "Dark Knight Rises" be crap?...I'm just sayin!

darthwhitey

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
OK, I'm as much a fan of The Batman as the next geek.

I really like Begins for it's simplicity and story. The Dark Knight had several things that worked but overall I thought it was kinda flawed, (and I know I'm in the minority here!) However, I really loved the Joker.

I think Nolan is a great director, but this Bane character seems like a crappy bad guy and the latest pics of Catwoman are less than spectacular. The teaser trailer was really "M'eh" for me too. It looked like something some teenager put together with old footage of parts 1 & 2.

Somebody talk me off the ledge! Their gonna pull off Bane and make him cool, right?

Right?

With Bane as a villian there is little question in my mind that movie isn't going to be that good. There's some hope with Hathaway as Selina Kyle - even if she isn't quite Catwoman.

But, I didn't care much for the other two Nolan bat-flicks - and I don't think we're going to get a Ledger-esque performance to help out DKR out much.

I'm loving the viral marketing on this one.
CEFew.jpg

:angel

While The Dark Knight was better than its predecessors, I'm one to think it is HIGHLY overrated. I still think Christian Bale's guttural Batman voice (as opposed to his regular Bruce Wayne speaking voice) is awful. Just awful.

The Dent/Two-Face storyline played out pretty awfully. For the first half of the movie, it seemed like Two-Face wouldn't appear until the next movie. Then he's there, and then he's dead. I really feel that character arc was mishandled.

There were so many false endings that towards the end, I just wanted the movie to be over.

There's some hope with Hathaway as Selina Kyle - even if she isn't quite Catwoman.

With Anne Hathaway's past performances, I feel that her casting only backs up how bad this film is going to be. I'm sorry to say I'm not that hopeful, and seeing her doesn't prove there's "some hope."

You know, you're right. All movies should be judged based on a few leaked set photos, faked fan made costume designs and random footage shot by extras hundreds of yards away from the camera.

I won't be wasting my money on this piece of crap!! Now, excuse me, I have to go throw out some books I won't read based on reports that some friend of a friends cousin thinks that books are "Lame"

Sheesh...

While The Dark Knight was better than its predecessors, I'm one to think it is HIGHLY overrated. I still think Christian Bale's guttural Batman voice (as opposed to his regular Bruce Wayne speaking voice) is awful. Just awful.

The Dent/Two-Face storyline played out pretty awfully. For the first half of the movie, it seemed like Two-Face wouldn't appear until the next movie. Then he's there, and then he's dead. I really feel that character arc was mishandled.

There were so many false endings that towards the end, I just wanted the movie to be over.

I really agree with this as well. They should have focused on the Joker story line and saved the Two Face stuff for another movie later on. I was put off by all the false endings and wanted the movie to end as well. Simply too much material for one movie, even though a lot of the material was awesome.

I hope DKR is better, but I am not holding my breath. Bane and Catwoman? Probably too much again and one or the other will not be developed well. Worse case scenario, neither are developed well. :unsure

You know, you're right. All movies should be judged based on a few leaked set photos, faked fan made costume designs and random footage shot by extras hundreds of yards away from the camera.

I won't be wasting my money on this piece of crap!! Now, excuse me, I have to go throw out some books I won't read based on reports that some friend of a friends cousin thinks that books are "Lame"

Sheesh...

Welcome to RPF movie discussions.

I just find it funny that CB2001 is so down on Hathaway. He's seen all of her movies and even all 3 seasons of Fox's "Get Real". I don't know a bigger Hathaway fan than CB2001.

I just find it funny that CB2001 is so down on Hathaway. He's seen all of her movies and even all 3 seasons of Fox's "Get Real". I don't know a bigger Hathaway fan than CB2001.

I've only seen five of her movies, all not by my choice (even in Havoc). And all five films, her role was exactly the same: playing a whiney and indecisive woman. And being someone who is a filmgoer and someone who is interested in filmmaking, I judge her by her performances. And each one of those five times, they were complete and utter crap.

And before anyone says, "But she's beautiful and sexy! And she was voted as one of People Magainze's most beautiful people!" Keep in mind this: People Magazine included Julia Roberts, and she looks three times as ugly as Anne Hathaway, which only suggests the people at People Magazine are blind.

Seriously, I'd rather see Halle Berry as Catwoman again before I watch Anne Hathaway as Catwoman. And we know how bad that film was.

Last edited:
With Anne Hathaway's past performances, I feel that her casting only backs up how bad this film is going to be. I'm sorry to say I'm not that hopeful, and seeing her doesn't prove there's "some hope."
Then I think you're watching the wrong Hathaway films.

Oscar Best Actress nominations don't come too easy - not saying that's a tell tale sign of talent, but it is something. Therefore, I certainly do have "some hope" for the Selina Kyle character - of course, that hope is minimal with the characterizations I've seen in Batman Begins and Dark Knight (notably the pale, one note, outright dreadful Bruce Wayne we've been getting).

Sheesh...

For the record, I really hope the movie is great. Maybe since it's a movie about Batman I'm labeled as a heretic for bad mouthing what's been seen so far but we all make judgments based on what's available at the time.

My biggest concern is how well Bane will translate from comic page to big screen. It just seems like Nolan's run out of bad guys for this one. Personally, I'm not even as worried about Hathaway, I think they can polish her up enough to make that work. Fingers crossed.

As far as the teaser trailer, these things are big business now, I just felt this one was extra lame. I recall that the old DK trailers (with the Joker voice over) were amazing.

I'm sure I'll see this film on opening weekend. I hope it's great. I love Batman. I'm just a little concerned at this stage in the game.

Maybe it's silly to ever talk about any movie before it's out. :cool

Ok I have to chime in on this.......

Chris N is a genius and he will not make TDKR crappy.....look at what he did to the franchise.......

He took a dying movie screen character and gave us a REAL BATMAN

HE did it again in The Dark Knight.

Have faith people he will not lead us astray....I can promise that at the end of the movie fan boys every where will be wanting more, leaving the theater crying.

I have very little hope for this film, but I didn't like the first two much either. Adam West is still Batman to me. :) I would like to see new villains not rehashed ones cat woman and bane have both been done. Killer Croc for example or The Mad Hatter or Clayface even. Batman has a huge rogues gallery.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back