CotT Bubo - has there ever been one made?

JSA

Howdy folks. I figured I'd come to the experts to find what I seek.

Has there ever been a Bubo prop or replica or model or kit from Clash of the Titans?

I thought I saw one here once, but I could be mistaken.

I'd love to see one, or know details if one was ever made, or will be made.

Thanks for any info.

JS :)

bubo2un2.jpg

I have definitely seen finished ones on here. I have an unfinished kit AND this itty-bitty one I bought off eBay some time ago. Of course, it's unfinished as well.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(juno @ Jan 12 2007, 08:09 AM) [snapback]1395754[/snapback]</div>
I have definitely seen finished ones on here. I have an unfinished kit AND this itty-bitty one I bought off eBay some time ago. Of course, it's unfinished as well.
[/b]

I did a search for Bubo but didn't find anything here.
Can you point me to any links, or threads?

Thanks for the post.

JS :)

I wouldn't mind seeing new versions of Bubo get sculpted up by current members. Would definitely make for an interesting piece of the collecton.

-Fred

you know i mostly just stick to SW props, but an accurate Bubo and a studio scale miniature of the krakken would rule.

one of my childhood faves fo-sho.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Sidewinder @ Jan 12 2007, 02:41 PM) [snapback]1395994[/snapback]</div>
How big is that and where'd you get it Rylo?

SAS
[/b]

I picked up the pieces in a trade years ago. Sold it a long time ago. I don't remember the exact size. It seemed a little small to me but it wasn't that bad.

Someone say Bubo? :D

<div align="center">
11-19-05-CotTBubo.jpg
</div>

I got the kit some years back here on the RPF, cleaned it up, attached the legs and sent it off to the platers, and got this little birdy back and finished it up. :D

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(juno @ Jan 13 2007, 04:07 PM) [snapback]1396645[/snapback]</div>
I pulled out the big kit I'd bought. I'm never going to do it, so it's for sale if anyone is interested.
http://www.therpf.com/index.php?showtopic=123280
Oh, and Kerr -- if that's the same kit I bought . . . MY GOD. You are a miracle worker.
[/b]

Yup. Same kit. I actually had to get two sets of feet, for some reason the first set that was sent to me had the oddest 'squishy' condition. I've never seen resin do that before, but it was like it got stuck in a foam-like state and didn't completely solidify. The second set was good though. The entire kit had pinholes to work on, but I have to admit that the folks at the platers did an amazing job with it too. The plating job helped conceal some issues with it, though I did put a LOT of time into it before it was ready to ship off and plate.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back