Contacting Admins and other questions

amish

Sr Member
Hello all,

I have a few suggestions/questions that I hope someone doesnÂ’t mind answering or having a discussion about.

I was wondering if it is possible to know of some type of schedule when admins/mods are usually on. I understand you all volunteer and such, but it is nice to know if I need to get an answer on something, who I can contact in my time zone. Like I said, I realize it is not a job :)

Also, I am wondering when archiving threads, is there anyway to work with wackychimp to ensure that the pictures remain active. I understand he volunteers his time and server to this, so if it is too much to ask, I surely understand.

Another question :) With all the wonderful discoveries, is it possible to have a subsection of the archive area for found part threads? I think this will help people sort through a lot of other great threads and find what they may be looking for easily. I dont mean move all the found part threads there now, but upon archiving this is the section they would go in. Similar to how the forum is set up now, with Props, Costuming, Studio Scale, modeling and such. Just have it listed under the archive. I know this is a big request, so I understand if it would not be done.

Thanks for listening.

Tom

Originally posted by amish
I am wondering when archiving threads, is there anyway to work with wackychimp to ensure that the pictures remain active.  I understand he volunteers his time and server to this, so if it is too much to ask, I surely understand.

You ask some good questions Tom. When archiving threads, we utilize the RPF server to host all saved images - not Wackychimp's server. His server is definitely a great resource for RPF members to store their images in active threads. However, once the thread is moved to the archive, all info. (including pics) are saved to the RPF server and viewable to members indefinitely.

Another question :)  With all the wonderful discoveries, is it possible to have a subsection of the archive area for found part threads?  I think this will help people sort through a lot of other great threads and find what they may be looking for easily.

That's a good suggestion and one that the staff may consider. One thing to keep in mind is if you're looking for something in particular in the archives, you can use the "search" function and usually come up with exactly what you're looking for (if available). At this point the archive isn't huge, but will most certainly grow larger in time.

Thanks for the suggestions :)
Neil

Thanks Neil :) I am very familiar with the search option, I was thinking of having it segragated liek the main forum. This way if someone is looking for something, or just browsing, it makes it that much easier to target what you are looking for.

Also, thanks for the answer on the image hosting, it makes me feel better knowing that the images are archived just like the topic is. I guess just making sure the post is archived before wackychimp takes the images down is the problem.

Thanks again.

Tom

Yup, it was certainly a boon when Neil started archiving the pictures as well as the threads. Some of the older archived threads are full of x's and are thus approaching meaningless, alas.

As for schedules, there aren't any, I'm afraid. Sometimes it's a slow workday and I'm on the board a lot, sometimes I'm off with a client. I usually have a browser open on the board, even when I'm not at my desk, so I show as much more "active" than I sometimes am. Kinda the same deal at home.

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back