Concept Revolver

Novum

I was just messing around with one of my cheap Super Soakers recently and came up with a pretty cool idea. The concept is sort of a Cowboy Laser Revolver.

Stage 1:
I started with a Nerf Super Soaker Point Break. (I fliped the img to match the others, that is why the words are backwards. XP)
scrstage1.jpg

Stage 2:
I took the pump mechanism off the gun entirely, and traced out the parts I didn't want.
scrstage2.jpg

Stage 3: Current
I used my Dremel to cut off the parts I traced out, as well as the top nozzle. I also decided to remove the rail system off the top and the front nozzle, to give it a more sleek look. And I sanded off any words that were on it, which is why there is a random white spot on the handle. This is what I am left with currently.
scrstage3.jpg

I haven't really figured where I am going to go from here. I guess first thing is I am going to cover up the holes left from the cutting, then I need to figure out what I am going to do for a texture before I move on to painting.

Will keep the post up to date with my progress! Hope you enjoy and feel free to ask any questions if you got them.

Last edited:
Not the biggest update, just a little small addition for now. I believe the secret to a good prop lays in the details, so while I'm figuring out the next stage, I went ahead and carved out these ports on both sides of the gun. By my thinking, they are exhaust ports, for energy discharge when the weapon fires. During the painting process I will make it appear as though the area around them is scorched slightly, from the super heated plasma exhaust. =)

scrstage4.jpg

Nice. I love seeing the nerf guns getting chopped up and rebuilt and converted to other things. :) Look forward to the build!

Another update!

Found some suitable material to cover up the open slots from where I cut the gun down. Lets just say thanks to Sonic for "contributing" a promo sign of the perfect thin plastic. =P

Bottom side:
scrstage6.jpg

Top side:
scrstage5.jpg

Will keep the updates coming as I continue to get some progress on it done.

Really nice cuts, sir, specially using a dremel.
And I have to agree with IRONFETT, it indeed looks like the 10mm pistol from Fallout.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back