Unlimited Run Conan The Destroyer: Horn of Dagoth

Clutch

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hi everyone,

I submit for your approval, the Horn of Dagoth from the not-as-good-as-the-first-movie, Conan the Destroyer. This was something that's been on my want-list for a while now. With the advent of 3D printing, I can now create pieces that are incredibly accurate without actually having the real prop in-hand.

Working in collaboration with a very talented 3D sculptor, I was able to get a final piece that in some ways look better than the actual filming prop. There were three different versions of the horn seen on-screen. This is the hero horn that was used to awaken Dagoth at the end of the film. We tried to match every detail as closely as possible and now that I finally have one, I'm sharing the love. Yes, I know the movie was watered down to a PG buddy comedy but just look at that horn!

bighorn.jpg08.jpg06.jpgdago.jpg

Each horn is printed on a large scale resin printer at .05mm layer height so the detail is amazing. They are hollow with 4mm thick walls and they almost feel like real horn. All the claws and 'flower' piece are separate making the total part count thirty. All the gemstones are ruby rhinestones with the exception of the 4 teardrop ones. I have to print those. They are polished and given a foil backing so they are almost indistinguishable from the 'real' ones.

flower_placement.jpg

tris.jpg

Progress thread here: Horn of Dagoth from Conan the Destroyer

The finished result:
hornf1.jpghornf2.jpghornf3.jpghornf4.jpghornf5.jpg

There is an insane amount of work that goes into each one of these. I have to spend hours printing, cleaning, sanding, painting, and assembling. The acrylic stand pictured is from a 3rd-party company that I order from. If you would like a base, I can direct you to their website or I can include one with the horn for an additional charge. They have to be cut and shaped specifically for this horn. I only charge for the stand what I have to pay them.

PRICING:

Raw kit (30 resin parts, 92 ruby stones, 12 straight pins. stand not included) - $90+shipping

Fully finished horn (stand not included) - $225+shipping

Stand - add $52.00

To place an order and be put on the list, I'll need a non-refundable 50% deposit, with the rest of the balance + actual UPS shipping to be paid before the item ships. This isn't my full-time job so depending on how many orders I get, I figure each horn will take around 2 weeks to complete.

HOW TO PAY: Send me a PM for my paypal address and further instructions.

ORDERS:

Kits:

1. Nick Daring : Paid, Shipped
2. Mattycsi: Paid, Shipped
3. Mandingalow: Paid, Shipped

Finished Horns:

1. Lord Uglor: Paid, Shipped
2. scottblackmore1, Shipped

Last edited:
I am sorely tempted by this, the kit looks great and it would go nicely with my other Conan props but I have a little too much going on at the moment. Would you ship to the UK and if so I hope to be ordering one in a few weeks or so if I can and if they are still available. Great job (y)(y)(y)

Amazing work!!!

Def interested in a finished one with stand plus shipping to Germany.

But i have to wait a few more weeks, to gather the funds. Corona time makes everything more chaotic for me :-/
Since this is not a limited project I hope there is no extreme time rush.

Hay everyone

I bought this prop on 10/20/20

And am now just unboxing it in full ....

When it arrived I opened it when the package showed up and was blown away!!!
I personally don't buy 3D printed props anymore after receiving some that were so bad it wasn't worth the work to finish....
My fault for not doing the resurch on 3D printers and the different results..

Anyway!!!

This is buy far the best printed prop I have ever purchased ...

I can tell clutch had helped pretty it up !!
But there is 90% work off the bat already done from the print alone and clutches quick pass
With it looks like 800 or 1000 grit wet sand ...

As seen in one of the photos you can see how clean the print is ...inside of the horn and of the pieces so clean !!!!

Anyway here's what came!!!!!!!
And I'm pumped to get started!!!!

Thanks clutch
JPEG_20201201_191456_23075274197057708.jpg
20201201_185517.jpg
20201201_185720.jpg
20201201_185632.jpg
20201201_185700.jpg
20201201_185646.jpg
20201201_185640.jpg
20201201_185627.jpg
20201201_185616.jpg
20201201_185606.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back