con question?

Dannicelook

is there a list of the con somewhere on the net? im from quebec, canada and i'd like to go to an event like this
i know there's one in montreal but if there's some more around i'd be pleased to know them
saluttte!

I don't think there is such a listing anywhere on the net where you'll see all the convention in a specific area ... and it's probably because most events (that would be below a certain size - and most are) won't spend any money advertising in the "usual" media.

So - you have to go to specific sites to learn about those.

I would suggest you start over at Cosplay.com.
I don't know if you know the site, but it supports the anime fandom and does have a listing of anime convention or broader conventions that have an anime track (for examples conventions like FanExpo in Toronto and Montreal ComicCon are listed there - even if they are mostly geared toward comic books or general sci-fi).

Then going from there... you can visit the website of the conventions you find on cosplay.com and most of them will be "affiliated" or will just advertise other local conventions.

Then you can pick which one you'd like and visit. :)

You just missed Ottawa's first Comiccon and it went off well. There are 6 noted ones in Toronto as well as a few smaller ones. Wizardworld and FanExpo both have something in Feb - March as does AdAstra, AnimeNorth was this past weekend, Polaris in July and FanExpo's big one in late August.

You can doa google search for your city and comic-con or comic convention and see what comes up.

You can also swing by your local comic store and ask if there are any cons and where and when they are. Most comic stores get advertising materials from cons in the form of posters and postcards, so they tend to know what cons are coming up.

Didn't know about con-news.. great site if you're looking for cons to go to :)

IronHabs - I live in St-hyacinthe ... like midway between Drummond and Montreal :)

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back