Completed Brotherhood of Steel Outcast suit

Darkindestod

This was my first try at a suit using foam. I'm used to clay sculpting, molding, casting with both latex and resin. This was different to say the least.

v83KZl.jpg

gxM5Ml.jpg

HqI26l.jpg

oAlbkl.jpg

iOvpml.jpg

That's very cool! I'd love to build some at one point but there are a few other foam suits that are already in line and need to be finished.

So, how did you find the foam building experience compared to the more traditional methods of building suits? Do you see yourself making more foam suits in the future or would you prefer to go back to the methods that you have more experience with?

Dean

For me the biggest hurdle was scaling. I used the Pepakura software to help with this and I realized that I could have cut a few more corners as far as piecing it all together. I have a full Predator costume that is 95% latex with the rest being resin so it's a little heavy. This was a nice change with the foam. It'a also easier to put on and take off.

My next objective is to marry the two processes in making a full Protoss Zealot. I'll sculpt the head, hands and feet (maybe some other parts, not sure yet) and mold them with latex, then make the armor out of foam. It'll be a considerable bigger project altogether, but using foam to make the armor will speed things up considerably.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back