Done / Completed **Closed**TFA: Melted Vader Helmet (MasterEdi V2)

Awesome news! Thanks to you and MasterEdi.

Just wanted to chime in here. I did, I believe, get the last cast and have a discussion with MasterEdi about taking over the casting and continuing this. The way the helmet/mask is, it takes a toll on the molds and to avoid issues like what MasterEdi has experienced, I've been trying different methods with some good success. I want to update the v2 helmet though before making a new mold, I've already started to change some parts like the tusks and will be focusing on finishing this up so I can continue with another run by early to mid 2019. I had always wanted one of these, to have the ability to continue making them for myself and for others is something I look forward to. Thank you MasterEdi for trusting me with this.

I'd love to see this run resume too. I was extremely happy to get a V1, but the V2 would be fun to work on if available again someday.

Awesome news for those people who want one of these amazing pieces of art, I have a V1 & V2 and they are my favorite non vintage props in my collection, I am thinking I will need a V3 (y)

Almost fell out of my chair after reading this update - I was next on the list when molds died, so I am definitely interested in this!

Seeing today's announcement by "the company that will not be named" version of the melted vader helmet reminded me of this run. Just wondering if shenphong had any luck with a new cast and restarting the run.

Just wanted to chime in here. I did, I believe, get the last cast and have a discussion with MasterEdi about taking over the casting and continuing this. The way the helmet/mask is, it takes a toll on the molds and to avoid issues like what MasterEdi has experienced, I've been trying different methods with some good success. I want to update the v2 helmet though before making a new mold, I've already started to change some parts like the tusks and will be focusing on finishing this up so I can continue with another run by early to mid 2019. I had always wanted one of these, to have the ability to continue making them for myself and for others is something I look forward to. Thank you MasterEdi for trusting me with this.

feel free to reach out to me directly. This is still a wip and is sitting with someone who owns early versions of the v1 and v2 that is assisting me with updating it. Mine, due to the mold was at the end of its life, needs to be reworked a bit and at the same time made a bit more accurate. Its looking like late spring this year to early summer for it to be ready. Dome is good to go mostly, the face mask is where it needs the most work. I apologize for not posting directly in this thread, but I'm definitely open for you to message me directly anytime.

Thanks shenphong!

feel free to reach out to me directly. This is still a wip and is sitting with someone who owns early versions of the v1 and v2 that is assisting me with updating it. Mine, due to the mold was at the end of its life, needs to be reworked a bit and at the same time made a bit more accurate. Its looking like late spring this year to early summer for it to be ready. Dome is good to go mostly, the face mask is where it needs the most work. I apologize for not posting directly in this thread, but I'm definitely open for you to message me directly anytime.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back