Limited Run Closed Run - Darksaber

Payment sent! & may I say, I really like the color of these! I can't wait to add this baby to the collection. Thank you so much! :cheers

Thank you mate and yeah I couldn't help but spray a coat of nice Matte black on each part, loos so much nicer that way ;)
The finished one there in the front is my personal finished Darksaber and an excellent example of what you could do with yours. (plus I've got to say after seeing your kits with the matte black I'm seriously considering repainting my Darksaber with Matte Black ;) )

Appreciate the pics and measurements sir! If I could request just one more measurement? Length of the main hilt?
Payment sent aswell.

Last edited:
Appreciate the pics and measurements sir! Payment sent aswell

No worries, always happy to help with extra info and questions ;)

I've spent the night packing a your kits ready to ship out ASAP come morning and when you receive it there should be no mistaking what inside since I've stencilled on my logo to the outside for you as an extra touch. Also when you purchase kits from Studio 49 you can rest assured that we put just as much effort into our packaging as we do our high quality products. Each item is always wrapped in padding for protection and any spare space is filled to avoid movement during shipping

13227142_2029878223904638_3149781104451311904_n.jpg

13497545_2029920073900453_457389866220755693_o.jpg

Alright russellsch and shifty scarecrow your kits were shipped out this morning!
Can't wait to see some more Darksabers in the prop community!
When you do receive them and build them I would love to see pictures as you go or even a WIP thread ;)

I'll be keeping my eye out for it :thumbsup I think I'm gonna go with a matte finish mainly, & have the raised "heat sink" like area gloss.
Quick question. Is there a special glue needed for 3D printed material? Are there certain glues I shouldn't use, like anything that'll melt the material?
Once again, thank you so very much for doing this run! I will definitely be posting pics as I complete this baby :)

I'll be keeping my eye out for it :thumbsup I think I'm gonna go with a matte finish mainly, & have the raised "heat sink" like area gloss. Once again, thank you so very much for doing this run! I will definitely be posting pics as I complete this baby :)
Now that should look really schmick and looking forward to seeing your build (as I feel you may sway me to go for a matte finish now on my personal hilt ;) )
And no worries, it's my pleasure to be able to offer this to you guys, I alway love watching people build threads as they go, alway makes my day without fail

Quick question. Is there a special glue needed for 3D printed material? Are there certain glues I shouldn't use, like anything that'll melt the material?

Ok so time for a mini essay ;)
Down here in Australia we seem to have completely different brands to that of you guys overseas so bear with me...

So of course there's your standard super glue, which in all honesty is what I used for my build, not even the fancy stuff but one dollar double packs of no name brands and it dod the job just fine. Of course it depends on context, my hilt is purely a static non-bladed one so you might want to had some reinforcements if you're going to add some crazy heavy blade to it, but mind you y's like that with any and all 3D printed props so with some common sense you'll be just fine. Only thing to be aware of with superglue is when drying some brands have a tendency to frost the area around them but with the darksaber it's a glue before paint kind of assembly so you shouldn't have an issue there.

I also like to use an adhesive called "Liquid Nails" which is produced by a company named "Selleys"
Here's where I got it from: http://www.bunnings.com.au/selleys-liquid-nails-80g-clear-construction-adhesive_p1232438

The brilliant thing about this glue is really nice and strong but since it's not an instant setting glue such as Super Glue if you feel that somethings not quite right you can simply shift is a tad even while the glue is applied. And my absolute favourite property of it is that you don't get that nasty frosting effect much like you see with Super Glues.

But of course if it's just assembly of parts without worrying about how if might affect the paint (e.g. frosting from super glue) the typical super glue will work just fine since you can just paint over it later.

Hopefully that helps answer your questions ;)

Alright ladies and gentleman all spots on this run are now full, at this age I will not be adding any extra spots as overnight I already expanded the run from 5 to 7 to accomodate the three people who asked for the final run spot because I'd hate to have to turn away other looking to grab a kit :D

But by all means if you missed the run and want one down the road, please do post below and let me know so I can determine if the numbers are there for me to realistically consider producing another run down the line ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I've begun the build.
image.jpeg
I'm trying out a new fast setting super glue. Fast setting is an understatement.... I am happy report, my fingers are still separated from each other- miraculously :lol
Anyhoo, I also thought I'd try making an emitter greeblie for it. I had an old radio CD player laying around not working, & thought I'd give it a go.
image.jpeg image.jpeg
This is my 1st parts bash greeblie build, so go easy on me.

Otherwise, I've got the handle sanded & glued together.
image.jpeg

I'm waiting on the glue to fully set, on my little emitter part, before I get the rest glued together. Then I'll be outside to paint. I'm thinking I'm gonna go with matte black finish for all of it, except for the guard & the heat sink looking area just above the guard. For those parts I'm gonna go with a gloss black. Hopefully that'll have a nice subtle contrast, but not stand out too much.

That's awesome to hear fellas, I could not be more stoked that you love your kits!

Got mine yesterday and love it. Well worth the $!

I've begun the build.
View attachment 639280
I'm trying out a new fast setting super glue. Fast setting is an understatement.... I am happy report, my fingers are still separated from each other- miraculously :lol
Anyhoo, I also thought I'd try making an emitter greeblie for it. I had an old radio CD player laying around not working, & thought I'd give it a go.
View attachment 639276 View attachment 639277
This is my 1st parts bash greeblie build, so go easy on me.

Otherwise, I've got the handle sanded & glued together.
View attachment 639278

I'm waiting on the glue to fully set, on my little emitter part, before I get the rest glued together. Then I'll be outside to paint. I'm thinking I'm gonna go with matte black finish for all of it, except for the guard & the heat sink looking area just above the guard. For those parts I'm gonna go with a gloss black. Hopefully that'll have a nice subtle contrast, but not stand out too much.

Now that people on the run are receiving their kits, I would be deeply appreciative if you could please (if you've not already) take some time to write a feedback review of my product and your overall experience with me in my Feedback thread. Customer reviews are extremely Important to me especially since I'm still in the early stages of growing my services so anything you could please post would be deeply appreciated ;)

Feedback
http://www.therpf.com/member.php?u=141856

anyone make any progress on their sabers? I'm trying to figure out chassis ideas... now that we see the saber re appear in star wars rebels I'm super excited!!

With this run having been completed over a year ago, I wanted to take this opportunity to see if there's any more interest out there for doing another run of these?
If so please do comment below and let me know as I'll happily do it if there's enough people!

35621383756_3a47c428ec_b.jpg

Last edited:
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back