Classic Crimson Dynamo (film version)

Apemantus

So to avoid burnout on my 1:1 titanium man armour I've began work on a film style version of Dimitri Bukharin, the Crimson Dynamo.

So who is Dimitri Bukharin you might ask?
Dimitri was the 5th man to don the crimson dynamo armour, a good and noble man torn to begin within between doing what's right and serving the government. Dimitri is the longest serving and greatest of the all the crimson dynamo pilots, he was the first to wear the iconic mk4 armour ( created by the gremlin who stopped being a villain and became a superhero, the second titanium man) that is seen to be the diffinitive look of the Dynamo.
Dimitri was betrayed and coerced into giving up the armour by Valentin Shatalov, shortly after dimitri was given a new set of armour called the Airstrike armour ( Russia's version of Warmachine and a suit I also plan to make)

The crimson dynamo stopped being an American villain and became a worldwide hero and a beloved national icon of the russian people, the government seeing the value of this went to great lengths to recover every single crimson dynamo suit to prevent any future miss use of the name or armour. The dynamo became a member of the Winter Guard, and the Federal Dynamo program was set up to train new Dynamo pilots to the highest degree.

After many years Of service outside the armour Dimitri ( who was a corporal and now a Colonel )was awarded his own personal Dynamo suit by the government for his service to his country became close friends with Tony Stark, he aided Stark and Pepper during the 'worlds most wanted' storyline by lending stark the dynamo armour and telling Norman Osborn to go to Hell and preventing him from entering Russian airspace to arrest Stark.

Dimitri became liaison between The Winter Guard and the Russian Security Executive ( affectively becoming Russia's version of nick fury or the uk's pete wisdom) Dimitri become very protective of the winter guard and good friends with all the team members.
When the Dire Wraths attacked the Winter Guard's Citadel, Dimitri was alone and forced to seek cover in the Hall of Dynamos (the crimson dynamo armoury) and don a crimson dynamo, when the winter guard and other russian heroes arrived it marked the first time ever in the history of the Crimson Dynamo that two people in dynamo suits fought side by side at the same time.
Currently Dimitri has taken the place of the crimson dynamo in the winter guard after the previous dynamo pilot was fired for insubordination which coursed the death of a fellow Russian hero.

So that's the character and it's not hard to see why he's a favourite of mine, so my plan it to build a movie version of his mk4 suit.

THE LOOK OF THE ARMOUR
Now the mk4 suit has slight differences depending on who the artist was. I plan to use the version that has the visor helmet seen in iron man vol1 255, and the 'worlds most wanted' storyline (see photos )

CRIMSON DYNAMO WEAPONS
Originally the mk4 suit was designed with starktech but the suit was seriously damaged during the armour wars, it was repaired but from that point on all future dynamo suits including the mk4 ceased using repulsor technology.
The suit keeps electricity as it's base weapon, instead of firing from the palm, the dynamo has Gatling wrist blasters. The dynamo also has wrist mounted missiles and shoulder mounted rockets.

BUILDING THE HELMET.
First up is the helmet, the helmet itself is about 95 percent scratch built, trying to keep the overall look of the mk4 helmet was difficult as was getting the shape right. To try and get a movie look feel I've checked out the different armours from the iron man films to try and make my dynamo suit fit in.
While I still want my dynamo suit to look high tech I don't want it to look sleek and smooth but at the same time i don't want the suit to look crude or scrappy. I think going for a warmachine mk1 style of bulk is in keeping with the comic version of the mark4 dynamo armour.

The helmet is almost ready for the resin stage, there's still some detail to add such as the tubing on the top of the helmet, the grill needs cutting out and some extra stuff on the sides.
I plan for the visor to be lit with orange lights. I've also added an extra panel under the face plate that can be opened and closed to hide the chin when I look up while wearing the helmet.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 169
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    899.3 KB · Views: 120
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    924.8 KB · Views: 131
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    874.3 KB · Views: 142
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    930.9 KB · Views: 125
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    745 KB · Views: 536
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 320
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    801.5 KB · Views: 136
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 207
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 125
So work continues on my movie version of the crimson dynamo.
I wasn't happy with some elements of the armour that I'd already done so I decided to heavily redo the helmet, the front face plate is new and extra detail and bulk is being added to the helmet all round.

One thing I was unsure about was just how much of the comic version of the mk4 dynamo I could carry over to my movie version without it looking too 'comicbook'.
I was concerned about the ablative armour on the shins and the 'ramming' shoulder armour but since it's such an iconic part of the armour I thought I'd give it a go.

With the body I wanted it to look like the armour carries massive amounts of reserve ammo for the gatling wrists ( I plan on adding ammo feeds) the warmachine chest was the best base due to its bulk,
The dynamo armour also doesn't use repulsor technology instead the revived Anton vanko ( when he was red guardian) fitted all the dynamo suits and the airstrike armour with dire wraith tech. So I need to come up with something different though I have decided to keep the arc reactor.

I'm trying to keep a nicer medium between bulk and sleek, the dynamo suit should be bulkier than the iron man suit but not as bulky as the film warmachine suit. Another point I wanted to get across was that while the suit is stronger than the iron man armour it's behind tech wise, so I've decided to limit the weapons to only what the dynamo has in the comics and to base the detailing only on the mk3 look of the Iron man film suit, as well as some subtle tank features.

Mobility with the shins was a bit of an issue as the ablative armour actually stopped me from being able to walk, cutting them down in size and adding the ankle guards to fill in the gap solve the movement issue, the soles of the boots are actually raised about 5 inches on the inside (my foot actually rests at the bottom part of the shin) this increases my height in the Suit without it being noticeable.

The other issue that had to be solve was how was I going to be able to turn my head but cutting grooves into the foam shoulders seems to have helped.

I'll list the parts and whether they were scratch built or if pep files Were used as a base (and who made the pep files) in the first post. image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Began Harding the dynamo helmet, unfortunately while solving the lack of turning movement with the head another problem cropped up, the inability to look up or down.
Cutting grooves in the ramming shoulder guards gave me some extra room to turn my head but the back of the armour is very bulky so I plan on lowering neck section, this should help with tilting my head up and down.

I've started work on the gatling gauntlets and my plan was to have them motorised so that they spin, however it was quickly evident that the lack of space for a motor and the weight would make it too difficult especially if I wanted to keep it to scale.
The forearm barrels are scratch built and in all honesty I thought a direct translation from the comics would look silly but I decided to give it a try, after all it's basically an arm inside a minigun barrel, I plan on adding more detail and I'm toying with the idea of adding an ammo feed since I'm trying to make it more realistic.
I still need to add the section in the front of the forearm where the electric bolts fire from, since the armour doesn't use repulsor tech it doesn't fire from the palms but just above the fists.

the red paint is VHT red and it's a lovely deep red and will be the colour of the overall suit.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    680.7 KB · Views: 113
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 128
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 144
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 109
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 142
Work begins on the thighs of the mark 4, though I've also started work on my film version of the mark 14 dynamo armour ( the currant dynamo armour used by dimitri in the winter guard)

the mk14 uses the red snapper chest by Pepcowboy as I love the look, I plan to do some slight rework on the chest but overall I want to keep the RS look. The mk 14 helmet is completely scratch built and I wanted to stick as close to the comic book version as I could, next up are the huge shoulder guards, hopefully it'll be easier to mover my head in this armour.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1,015.1 KB · Views: 158
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    862 KB · Views: 169
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 104
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 134
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 187
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1,021.7 KB · Views: 237
This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back