Chronicle Collectibles Jurassic Park Night Vision Goggles

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was mention of reducing the cost under $100 in the video where they showed that black 3D printed section. But it obviously wasn't confirmed at that stage.

Personally the price seems fair considering what we are getting. If it had been under $100 I doubt we'd get a scan-accurate casting. They've kept in all the assymmetry and flaws of the original - that's what I am after.

Here's the latest promo image - I don't know how final this is but I can see the harness does not have the huntsman ratchet at the back - I'd like to check the eye ring thickness versus the screen used images too, but overall this a VERY good replica. They even sourced the lenses shortly after I released my build video, so that shows they care. I quite like the display base - that will be sold separately later though.

I think I will build a modified working pair based off these. Goatfinders Version 2.0.

DaDu7xmWsAAOM12.jpg large.jpg

The main difference which I can completely understand is the harness. As I discovered building the goatfinders the harness is from a 90s welding helmet with a faulty ratchet system. So it makes sense for the sake of making the product wearable and adjustable they couldn't use a casting of the original headband. Its function over form...

First photo is Chronicle replicas and last photo is the screen used prop (credit to Daniel Arevalo for the great photography).

So theyve used a white plastic but the headband shape and ratchet system is new. Its clear from side on and by looking at the ratchet cog, completely different shape.
6a0916da0ad88795b0f3ad368b456381.jpg
efad16ed4f81cda3cd2541b54ab79ec8.jpg
1377b1294400461bb3cddec14aa1dfab.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I ordered one. They won't be done until next year so I just did the 10 payment plan. It was more than I was hoping to spend, but they look good and spread out over 10 months it's not bad.

I ordered one. They won't be done until next year so I just did the 10 payment plan. It was more than I was hoping to spend, but they look good and spread out over 10 months it's not bad.
Me too. Its the only way I can get a screen accurate helmet and lens housing.

I am noticing more differences though versus screen used prop. The yellow lip where the housing meets the green LED rings is diminished/softened off. So I'll probably add that back in. I think maybe the lens/rings are larger or the housing slightly smaller... best way to tell will be to place the actual lenses in there and see. Ive been looking at my goatfinders and I think they are on mine too. But it will still have an accurate shape everywhere else.

3136946b38bb791beb7eb1dbef324bac.jpg
eb54b5a958699ecbd3a895eb73095579.jpg

I hope a local shop will have them for preorder, too... The shipping prices for non-US-Buyers are often far from reality...

Wow. That's quite the jump from 100.00 to 500.00? That's just too big a jump for my wallet. And the fact that they don't recall ever mentioning that they were going to keep these around 100.00? That shows me that they are still armatures in their marketing dapartment. I'm sorry but I just don't have enough faith in this company to give them my money.

I too remember them mentioning in there Facebook live videos that they wanted to keep the price down so that EVERYONE could get a pair. I guess we can always rescan the chronicle collectables goggles and mod them through 3d modeling. Im not able to get a pair and I want one, so I guess I'll keep working on the ones I started.
IMG_1962.JPG

I too remember them mentioning in there Facebook live videos that they wanted to keep the price down so that EVERYONE could get a pair. I guess we can always rescan the chronicle collectables goggles and mod them through 3d modeling. Im not able to get a pair and I want one, so I guess I'll keep working on the ones I started.
View attachment 808263
They look good so far!

In a way I heard alarm bells when they said under $100. It made me think of Mattels hoverboard, they also had access to the screen used prop. But when you go down the toy route (which I expect it was for that price) you compromise on the detail.

I definitely want a non-tampered with helmet/lens housing direct from the scan - and expect this new price for it. That is pretty rare for modern prop replicas.

Wow. That's quite the jump from 100.00 to 500.00? That's just too big a jump for my wallet. And the fact that they don't recall ever mentioning that they were going to keep these around 100.00? That shows me that they are still armatures in their marketing dapartment. I'm sorry but I just don't have enough faith in this company to give them my money.

Did you read about the issues regarding the Breakout T-rex paint job...? Bait and switch.

Repainted version looks a hell of a lot better
https://www.facebook.com/pg/jurassicparkrepaints/photos/?tab=album&album_id=786821494834513

Yeah i was gonna go for it... but it does feel a bit like a bait and switch which puts me off quite a bit. Maybe if the lenses were motorized...

Mmm, looks like I'll be sticking with my Rylo Goggles... Rylo's version looks better than what I see on the pictures. Some of the pictures, like this one:

29570990_10214021158295725_6391537167744180690_n.jpg

... really give the impression of a mediocre replica... $500 is a bit out of line as price tag, I think...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back